The Student Room Group

Alternative to certain A-Levels?

Hey, hi, hello.

So, I've nearly finished my GCSEs and will either be going to sixth form or college the coming September. Just to clear it up, I am definitely doing A levels next year, I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can do in the meantime because there's only so many I can pick.

I've got a pretty good idea of the A-Levels I want to take (Biology, Chemistry, Psychology) but I'm kinda torn between doing Maths or Physics or something completely different like English Lit for my 4th. Of course, I can't take 6 A Levels, and even 5 is strongly advised against so I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there's anything outside of A Levels/school that could be equivalent or near enough to doing an A Level in one of those three subjects (English Lit, Maths, Physics). Like maybe an online course or something? I don't know.

Thank you.
Original post by a.mandie
Hey, hi, hello.

So, I've nearly finished my GCSEs and will either be going to sixth form or college the coming September. Just to clear it up, I am definitely doing A levels next year, I'm just wondering if there's anything else I can do in the meantime because there's only so many I can pick.

I've got a pretty good idea of the A-Levels I want to take (Biology, Chemistry, Psychology) but I'm kinda torn between doing Maths or Physics or something completely different like English Lit for my 4th. Of course, I can't take 6 A Levels, and even 5 is strongly advised against so I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there's anything outside of A Levels/school that could be equivalent or near enough to doing an A Level in one of those three subjects (English Lit, Maths, Physics). Like maybe an online course or something? I don't know.

Thank you.

Can study maths by yourself. Edexcel textbooks and online videos, e.g. Examsolutions, and f:maths forum is all you need.

Don't do more than 3 A-levels unless you have a clear reason why, it's not the same as doing a large number of GCSE.
EPQ
Do an EPQ maybe! they're a good opportunity to explore something new. Also, summer schools etc may be an option once you're in L6.

Quick Reply

Latest