Have your say: Weirdest exam invigilators Watch

Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our Weirdest exam invigilators article.

Read the full Weirdest exam invigilators article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.

Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks to all those we quoted! :heart:

Maths is Life
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Everyone has those Invigilators who stand looking off into the distance sucking on sweets.... whilst noisily messing with the sweet wrapper.

If this ever happens again I'm going to address it/complain
12johnsonA034
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One of our exam invigilators once sat on one of the tables in the exam hall, not realising it was collapsible. It promptly collapsed and well... made a really loud noise
clucky_chick
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So far, i this exam season I've argued with two invigilators. It's not like I'm asking anything unreasonable.

I asked one invigilator if I could have more paper and he asked "don't you have enough?" No. I bloody don't. Go and get me some bloody paper. Wasted about five minutes of my exam time.

Then this week I asked an invigilator if I could borrow a calculator for my psychology exam. They said I didn't need one. The paper is 10% maths and it clearly states that we can use a calculator on the front page.

So annoying that some are so incompetent!
rosie8291
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When I was doing my GCSE exams, a invigilator sat in the chair next to me and started eating a bowl of pasta she'd bought for lunch.
alimastudies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I normally have my seat at the back because my last name begins with a 'Y' and the invigilators tend to sit there and start whispering to each other like..... shut up? I'm trying to concentrate???? Andddd i hate it when they are looking over at your work ugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
-maths-geek-
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So this isn't to do with an invigilator but it's still funny:lol:

Basically me and this other guy were external candidates at a school and we were doing the same exam which was 2 and half hours so we were both really tired and just so dead. we went to reception to sign out and the lady said something about exams - I didn’t catch it, but he replied ‘eh-conomics’ which is the american way of saying it and I was basically a zombie so I just repeated what he said but then my brain caught up so it came out as ‘eh-er-economics’ and the lady looked at us a bit confused and then she was waiting for one of us to say something and we were just looking blankly at her and then she was like ‘and?’ and the other guy didn't respond and I’m just stood there so confused and thinking ‘what? I didn’t have 2 papers??? we just came out of an exam ?’ and we’re legit just having like a staring competition and then she’s like ‘HOW DID IT GO?’ (not loudly) and my mum's just sat on the side laughing. Lol:lol::lol:
shadowfeathers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My 'favourite' was last year with a completely useless old woman.
As we all sat down, the guy (Joe) sat in front of me dropped his pen under my desk. I started to get it but she told me I couldn't, and proceeded to get on her hands and knees and crawl under my desk very very slowly, making little huffing noises, and then banged her head on my desk as she was getting out again. I could see Joe practically vibrating with amusement and i didn't dare meet his eye cause i knew we would both completely lose it.

Next, she was asked to close the blinds as the sun was coming in, so she stood on another students chair, having made them stand up, and got in a right tangle with the cords, faffing around for a good minute or so before she finally got them closed.

Most of the room (there was about 20 of us) were struggling not to laugh at this point, and you could hear the occasional stifled giggle escape. Another invigilator left the room very suddenly at this point, presumably to go laugh somewhere in peace.

A few of us, including me (I laugh very easily) completely lost it when she tried to turn the light on (having got darker from the closed blinds) but turning on the plug socket instead. Naturally this didn't work.

The guy sat by the lights, and plug socket, very kindly pointed this out, and turned the lights on but to this day i do not know how he managed to keep a straight face. She showed her appreciation by patting him on the head.

She did tell us off rather loudly, but none of us could take her very seriously at this point. The threat of shredding our papers finally shut us up.

Throughout the hour and a half of her walking up and down, there would be a little explosion of laughter, or someone snorting as she passed, as we inevitably remembered the 'light switch'.

None of us did very well on that Psychology exam.
ScarletCelestia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just yesterday, in my Mathematics 2 paper, the invigilator came up to me just before the exam started and said that he had seen me in a lot of exams. I was thinking: "Only as many as everybody else in this hall."
ItWasnt_Me
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There was this bloke and every time, at the end of the test when they were collecting the papers, if someone passed him the paper he would thank them!!! This meant that most people doing exams kept giving the papers to him just so he had to say thanks to everyone. By far he is my utter fave!!
Oreo101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One invigilator walks past and collecting the papers and says thanks even if I dont give him the paper as he has to take it. I've done it a few times and he's getting pissed now
Oreo101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The other day an invigilator touched my elbow totally creeping me out as I looked at him and he pushed my paper to the centre of the table like ok...
Whymenotyou
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Needed a bad wee during my maths exam last year and by the time I got out the hall the lady got suspicious of me having my hands in my pocket so decided I have something and asked me to empty my pockets. She found nothing and then asked me to take my coat off and asked what 'that thing' in my joggers was (referring to my penis which was visible) I stood there and looked her in the face till she realised and let me go to the toilet. Had an A2 exam with her on Monday and she didn't even look at me😂
Oreo101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One invigilator who I asked for extra paper went and started gossiping on the way like it's only my life being predicted here....
Oreo101
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One invigilator sounds like a donkey with a foreign voice and always makes me laugh.
Footballtikitaka
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not weird but I used to get some really attractive female ones. Was very distracting when trying to work, especially when they wore heels and their bums were in my eyesight 😂
PolPot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
During GCSE one of the invigilators fell asleep.
remybrunel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's this really creepy invigilator who's always present during the maths exams. Yesterday, he stood in front of my desk the entire 1hr30mins which i didnt notice at first since I'm on the first row. But at the end he gave me the biggest smile ever and kneeled down in front of my desk whispering 'looks like you did really well there'..... safe to say i was more than a little creeped out.
Worst thing was he was still staring and smiling at me as i exited the exam hall and btw this guy is at least 50😖
-maths-geek-
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by remybrunel)
There's this really creepy invigilator who's always present during the maths exams. Yesterday, he stood in front of my desk the entire 1hr30mins which i didnt notice at first since I'm on the first row. But at the end he gave me the biggest smile ever and kneeled down in front of my desk whispering 'looks like you did really well there'..... safe to say i was more than a little creeped out.
Worst thing was he was still staring and smiling at me as i exited the exam hall and btw this guy is at least 50😖
Eww ergh no thats too much. At least you'll never have to see him again (probably) after exam season
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Suffolk
    Undergraduate Open Day - Ipswich Main Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 9 Dec '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (158)
19.24%
Labour (418)
50.91%
Liberal Democrats (111)
13.52%
Green Party (45)
5.48%
Brexit Party (12)
1.46%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.49%
SNP (14)
1.71%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.49%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.73%
SDLP (1)
0.12%
Ulster Unionist (4)