Have your say: Weirdest exam invigilators Watch

londonbusqueen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have quite a few occasions...

History GCSE mock: I had to sit at the back and two of them were chatting and whispering to each other so I had to glare at them a few times to get them to be quiet. It did work but it was rather unnecessary.

Music GCSE mock: the invigilator put the CD recording on shuffle and her excuse was that she thought if the shuffle symbol was glowing, it meant it was off shuffle. Needless to say, she was wrong and my timekeeping went out the window for that exam. My Music teacher wasn't too happy either.

French GCSE: the fire bell went off 2 minutes after the exam started (fortunately, the tape hadn't started and it was reading time) and the invigilators spent a good 5 minutes or so deliberating on what to do. They started giving instructions but I couldn't hear them at all because I was near the back and the bell was ringing. We were all taken outside eventually. Apparently, it was one of the VI formers who set it off but if that was a real fire, we all probably would have all perished. No more exams for us?

Spanish GCSE: one of the invigilator took her shoes off before she started doing the walking up and down ritual. It was pretty distracting for some. I didn't notice but was told it was a laughable sight. Also, the head invigilator dismissed us all at once from the exam room and naturally, we all made a lot of noise and were consequently all told off.

Music GCSE: the invigilator struggled to start the CD and blamed it on "technical hitches" so a lot of us started laughing. My Music teacher had to come in to save the day and by that time, we were all pretty much laughing. The CD starts (in the right order this time, unlike in the mock). After the CD finishes in my Music exam, we get 20 minutes (silent) time to write the essays as part of the second section. During this silence, some sports show audio randomly comes on. I was too busy stressing about my essay to laugh and needless to say, "Jimmy's kicked the ball!" did not help me with writing my essay about Mozart.

Judging by the rest of this thread, I'm guessing it doesn't get much better in A levels...
anyarobbo2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fox Corner)
Here's where you can post a comment about our Weirdest exam invigilators article.

Read the full Weirdest exam invigilators article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
We have one called Keith and he looks so much like Donald Trump it is creeeeppppyyyyy
LGBTvoice
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have had nice inviligators before ask me what I'm planning on doing, am I nervous for the exam, etc. They all seem to do their job properly. I had a really nice one once who extended an exam by 5 minutes to account for a noisy corridor which the room was next to <3

The worst ones are those that stand in front of the clock or are too caught up in their daydream that it takes ages to get an extra answer booklet or a new pen!
beckyemma1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In my GCSE science exam the paper was called 'Organisms and their environments' and the invigilator said 'Orgasms and their environments' and the whole sports hall died laughing. Another time an invigilator sat on one of the tables and it just collapsed and he went straight on the floor, safe to say we all didn't know whether to laugh.
Smileygal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
When I did my GCSE maths in 2010, we had to put our coats and bags at the front. Midway through, someone's phone rang and many invigilators were rushing to find the bag. But it stopped ringing and after a while, an invigilator in very high heels walked away from the bags and coats, but her heel was stuck in one of those gym bag strings! She got tangled and fell, making such a loud noise as she fell. She wasn't exactly on the slim side. Think Aunt Marge from Harry Potter.
ggxsywes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by shadowfeathers)
My 'favourite' was last year with a completely useless old woman.
As we all sat down, the guy (Joe) sat in front of me dropped his pen under my desk. I started to get it but she told me I couldn't, and proceeded to get on her hands and knees and crawl under my desk very very slowly, making little huffing noises, and then banged her head on my desk as she was getting out again. I could see Joe practically vibrating with amusement and i didn't dare meet his eye cause i knew we would both completely lose it.

Next, she was asked to close the blinds as the sun was coming in, so she stood on another students chair, having made them stand up, and got in a right tangle with the cords, faffing around for a good minute or so before she finally got them closed.

Most of the room (there was about 20 of us) were struggling not to laugh at this point, and you could hear the occasional stifled giggle escape. Another invigilator left the room very suddenly at this point, presumably to go laugh somewhere in peace.

A few of us, including me (I laugh very easily) completely lost it when she tried to turn the light on (having got darker from the closed blinds) but turning on the plug socket instead. Naturally this didn't work.

The guy sat by the lights, and plug socket, very kindly pointed this out, and turned the lights on but to this day i do not know how he managed to keep a straight face. She showed her appreciation by patting him on the head.

She did tell us off rather loudly, but none of us could take her very seriously at this point. The threat of shredding our papers finally shut us up.

Throughout the hour and a half of her walking up and down, there would be a little explosion of laughter, or someone snorting as she passed, as we inevitably remembered the 'light switch'.

None of us did very well on that Psychology exam.
im actually crying
lauriegrace
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I once had an invigilator in a music exam who was deaf and had a hearing aid, then suddenly in the middle of a listening section, her hearing aid interfered with the speakers and we missed the whole piece we were listening too! We had to wait ages to have the track reset 😭
Annierosexo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This guy who looked like a hippie and ate pasta for England sat at the front of the exam room and kept winking at each student who looked up at him , so many people came out and were like ‘omg yeah he winked at me too!’ Haha. But honestly it was so weird. Then our English teacher was asking about him and called him ‘fit’ which had us all laughing and slightly uncomfortable.
Lord of the Joke
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
My invigilator took off his shoes and socks and started picking his toes on one of the tables during the exam.
mfadia07
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
This one in every exam keeps getting into coughing fits and keeps choking on phlegm in every. single. exam. He clears his throat so damn loudly that it echoes thrice and it's worse because I sit in the middle of the front row. This guy doesn't even drink the water the other invigilators offer him everytime a so many times I've sighed really loudly and glared at him but its never worked. According to my sixth forms internal students he's been doing that for the past 4 years
mfadia07
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I had a geography teacher who left in beginning of year 11 and my my school was too broke to pay another one properly so we had to self teach most of the time so I said to her since she is technically not a teacher anymore she can be our invigilator - she actually came into that exam and then coincidentally I got an A in that particular paper
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
University exam = One of the most beautiful ladies I have ever seen in my life handed me my answer book and gave me a smile. My heart was fluttering.
mpaprika
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
worst invigilators are the ones that cough in exams. I heard that some invigilators also play a game called ''most likely to be 16 and pregnant''
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Our invigilators gave us candy in every single exam it was lit lmao (GCSE)
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Glaz)
Our invigilators gave us candy in every single exam it was lit lmao (GCSE)
Was it also.. English... Lit :proud:

:laugh:
Glaz
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 8472)
Was it also.. English... Lit :proud:

:laugh:
:security:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.98%
The paper was reasonable (1104)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.98%
It was TERRIBLE (293)
12.38%

Watched Threads