?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How did you find it
hoticedtea
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The sources question flummoxed me. But I felt the essays were okay. I picked the one on Charles I and the power of constitutional monarchy
LordProtector
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by hoticedtea)
The sources question flummoxed me. But I felt the essays were okay. I picked the one on Charles I and the power of constitutional monarchy
I think I screwed up on the extracts because I had to rush because I messed up my timing. And I picked the same Questions you did, what were your points?
hoticedtea
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AhsanIqbal14)
I think I screwed up on the extracts because I had to rush because I messed up my timing. And I picked the same Questions you did, what were your points?
Yeah I am too really concerned with my sources grade.

For Charles I and James I
I put that Charles tried to address financial weaknesses due to 1626 Free Gift and Forced Loan however his war with Scotland ending in the Treaty of Ripon in 1640 made it hard for him to be successful. I also commented on how he did not have open access to Tonnage and Poundage as it was to be reviewed yearly in 1625.

I said James faced other difficulties due to the 1608 Book of Rates which hadn't been updated since Mary Tudor, therefore the rise of inflation had not been calculated. I then mentioned how he did not actually try to curb his expenditure writing examples like £36,000 in royal wardrobe in 1610, a £10,000 gift to Robert Carrs wife etc.

For the Monarchy one
I mentioned that Charles II said he would have a constitutional monarchy in 1660 in the Declaration of Breda however y 1681 this was clear to not be true due to the 1681 3rd Exclusion Parliament where he arrived at Christ's Church in full royal regalia and dissolved Parliament.

I stated the 1688 Letter to William was a turning point towards a constitutional monarchy and removed absolutist rule

I then followed up with how the constitutional monarchy was developed during William III's time due to the 1689 Bill of Rights and the 1689 Mutiny Act and some other facts like the 1701 Settlement Act.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads