ckoppula199
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm planning on doing an EPQ on Artificial Intelligence as the course I want to do at uni would computer science and this would help with the applications. I'm not exactly sure however what the EPQ title should be as my college has provided us with very little information. I was thinking "What are the impacts of advancements in Artificial Intelligence in the future?" This would allow me to talk about positives and negatives as well as the ethics and laws. Would this be too vague a title is my concern and do you guys have any better EPQ title suggestions?
Zentox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I personally think that's not a bad idea, maybe talk about what's already been achieved using AI and then the load of future potentials.

Before starting, do some research on it all first so you know that there's plenty to talk about.

(I got a B in it, Year 11)
Mr-anonymous
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think that's a great idea! Lots to talk about and debate about. I'm not sure if the title of the EPQ has to be a question, i think it can be a subject of interest. Like yours could be Advancements in Artificial Intelligence through the years or something like that. I think have a read up online about it. Ask around, see if any of your mates are doing one too. My friend is doing one and his title isn't a question more of a discussion title. I think being more broad with the title allows you to talk about a range of things to do with AI allowing for a more detailed EPQ. I only suggesting things at this point. My head of year said: " it can take a variety of forms - E.g. an essay, a scale model/prototype, a performance/production, a research project." He also said to not be too descriptive so set an interesting and potentially controversial topic.

My advice + what i'm doing, Have a look online for previous EPQ's and get ideas from there and talk to teachers - especially your computing teachers!
Good luck!

I'm also planning on doing an EQP this year. My idea is creating a simple AI, like a chatbot however I'd have two raspberry pi's talk to each other in natural language.
What do you think of this idea?

3 weeks late, Ik LOL!!

Mr-anonymous...
MadladMadoc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
It's defo too vague. It's a great topic but you need to narrow the title. You should specify it to a sector in our society. Wdym by ethics and laws? What are you planning generally for this area?
MadladMadoc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by PetitePanda)
It's defo too vague. It's a great topic but you need to narrow the title. You should specify it to a sector in our society. Wdym by ethics and laws? What are you planning generally for this area?
Not gonna lie, this was from two years ago so I’m pretty sure they’ve done it already lol
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by MadladMadoc)
Not gonna lie, this was from two years ago so I’m pretty sure they’ve done it already lol
Lol didnt see it from 2 years thanks for telling me haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (269)
56.39%
I don't have everything I need (208)
43.61%

Watched Threads