GCSE Music Exam Edexcel Watch

Jackkempson37
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How did everybody find music? I thought the paper had some easy parts like Moby and Handel, but had some hard parts too like Chopin and Schoenberg. I bet 1/100 people did the Ragdesh essay...Hopefully the grades will be around:
44/80 -C
51/80 -B
62/80 -A
71/80 -A*
Fingers crossed
AmarRazaq
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Found most of it quite good and easy. Though, the part where I had to name the symbols Chopin used in the score for the Prelude piece caught me off-guard. Didn't know what to put so I just dotted something down random.

My mind went blank when I was thinking about Mozart during the exam, so I did Rag Desh since i've been revising that a lot recently.

EDIT: This one girl I know wrote down about all versions of Rag Desh because she didn't read the question properly :')
Jackkempson37
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmarRazaq)
Found most of it quite good and easy. Though, the part where I had to name the symbols Chopin used in the score for the Prelude piece caught me off-guard. Didn't know what to put so I just dotted something down random.

My mind went blank when I was thinking about Mozart during the exam, so I did Rag Desh since i've been revising that a lot recently.

EDIT: This one girl I know wrote down about all versions of Rag Desh because she didn't read the question properly :'
Haha, yeah I saw those symbols and I flipped 10 times... no idea, now found out it's for the pedal press and release. I'd just revised Mozart before so did 3 pages on that, but if it was just ragdesh I would have been able to write nothing #sarangi
Damn that girl must know her stuff!
What grade are you hoping for in just the exam, and overall in music?
AmarRazaq
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jackkempson37)
Haha, yeah I saw those symbols and I flipped 10 times... no idea, now found out it's for the pedal press and release. I'd just revised Mozart before so did 3 pages on that, but if it was just ragdesh I would have been able to write nothing #sarangi
Damn that girl must know her stuff!
What grade are you hoping for in just the exam, and overall in music?
My music teacher wanted me to get a B/A. I believe I was a mark off an A in my coursework, so I'm likely to get a B overall.
AmarRazaq
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
One more thing, do you remember that question on Moby where it asked for the effect of the device or something? What the fudge was that?

edit: found it http://www.askwillonline.com/2011/05...d-by-moby.html
  • Yamaha SPX990 Multi-effects unit - to apply reverb and delay to tracks.
Jackkempson37
Rep:
?
My music teacher wanted me to get a B/A. I believe I was a mark off an A in my coursework, so I'm likely to get a B overall.
That's good, our teacher won't tell us so I'm aiming for 65+/80 in the exam. Hope you get the B or possibly an A!
AmarRazaq
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jackkempson37)
That's good, our teacher won't tell us so I'm aiming for 65+/80 in the exam. Hope you get the B or possibly an A!
Cheers. Hope you get a good grade too.
Jackkempson37
Rep:
?
Cheers. Hope you get a good grade too.
Thanks
island.lover
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
does anyone know what the star symbol means bc i don't even know what it is and wrote some random answer so i know i got that wrong..
Jackkempson37
Rep:
?
(Original post by island.lover)
does anyone know what the star symbol means bc i don't even know what it is and wrote some random answer so i know i got that wrong..
The star symbol and the other symbol both are associated with the pedal. Not sure which is which, but one means to hold the pedal one means to take it off.
justwannapass
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by island.lover)
release pedal... I didn't get that one either
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (33)
11.07%
I used to but I don't now (10)
3.36%
No, but I want to start (111)
37.25%
No, I am unable to (64)
21.48%
No, I chose not to (80)
26.85%