Is glucose a type of sugar??????

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
username2552331
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Yes
homoe
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
no
Gerry-Atricks
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Glucose is a monosaccharide hexose reducing sugar
Rectus
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
definitely Maybe
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
yes glucose is a sugar

you can literally type glucose into google and the first result is the wikipedia page stating "glucose is a simple sugar"
ScarletCelestia
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
In GCSE terms, yes.
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by homoe)
i disagree. there is strong molecular evidence that glucose can vibrate in such a way (due to very slight atmospheric radiation) and act as a lipid

source: the american journal on the molecular function of glucose
Doesnt mean its not a sugar
homoe
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Its not a sugar
homoe
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
Doesnt mean its not a sugar
its not you can't just ignore molecular AND i forgot to mention spectroscopic evidence
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by homoe)
its not you can't just ignore molecular AND i forgot to mention spectroscopic evidence
Glucose is a monosaccharide

monosaccharide

/ˌmɒnəʊˈsækəˌraɪd; -rɪd/noun1.a simple sugar, such as glucose or fructose, that does not hydrolyse to yield other sugars
Rectus
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

monosaccharide

/ˌmɒnəʊˈsækəˌraɪd; -rɪd/noun1.a simple sugar, such as glucose or fructose, that does not hydrolyse to yield other sugars
copy paste **** you wouldve been so useful in group projects

not
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by homoe)
imagine needing people to think you're smart so badly that you deliberately mislead school age students on a forum where 90% of the participants are below the graduate level and 50% are unlikely to even be at university yet

incredible

(stop derailing the thread with pointless hair splitting, for the purposes of any secondary or undergraduate level course outside of a dissertation in biophysical or physical organic chemistry, it's a sugar)
homoe
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

monosaccharide

hindawi.com/journals/jdr/2016/6934937/
references 80 to 90 all indicate my point. please refrain from posting inaccurate and blatantly false information!
Catsarefamily
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Why didn't you just look this up on Google?
homoe
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
imagine needing people to think you're smart so badly that you deliberately mislead school age students on a forum where 90% of the participants are below the graduate level and 50% are unlikely to even be at university yet

incredible

(stop derailing the thread with pointless hair splitting, for the purposes of any secondary or undergraduate level course outside of a dissertation in biophysical or physical organic chemistry, it's a sugar)
you're just disappointed that you can't see past the word molecular. Read the article you pathetic baboon
Rectus
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)

incredible

It's a sugary lipid
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rectus)
copy paste **** you wouldve been so useful in group projects

not
(Original post by homoe)
hindawi.com/journals/jdr/2016/6934937/
references 80 to 90 all indicate my point. please refrain from posting inaccurate and blatantly false information!
You man stop chatting shite
Its a sugar,at the very least till end of A2
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
honestly, that person is trying to ask a simple question
homoe
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You man stop chatting shite
Its a sugar,at the very least till end of A2
"you man" do you expect me to be intimated? what an idiotic prepubescent child
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (0)
0%
Take a gap year (0)
0%
Resit my exams (1)
100%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (0)
0%
I don't know yet (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads