The Student Room Group

Won't have my degree for when the job starts.

I'm in the final interview stages for a few graduate jobs, but I just finished the Bachelors year of my Undergrad Masters. If I chose to drop out for the job, I won't get my degree until winter graduation later in the year after the starting date. If I got a 2:i over my bachelors years, do you think the company would be ok for me to start without me actually having my degree until winter?
Original post by TheFOMaster
I'm in the final interview stages for a few graduate jobs, but I just finished the Bachelors year of my Undergrad Masters. If I chose to drop out for the job, I won't get my degree until winter graduation later in the year after the starting date. If I got a 2:i over my bachelors years, do you think the company would be ok for me to start without me actually having my degree until winter?

As long as the grade is guaranteed, then they wont care. Just let them know if they offer you the job and you decide to take it.
Reply 2

Typically your university can provide you with a transcript of results. This is what employers are interested in. The ceremony is more of a formality.

Why do you need to drop out i'm confused?
Reply 4
Original post by Jackieox
Why do you need to drop out i'm confused?

The way I understand it is they are doing a 4 year undergrad course (i.e. 3 year BSc + 1 year MSc). Quite a few undergrad degrees combine the two such as maths or engineering. Sounds like they have just finished the 3 year undergrad part, and waiting for offers for September jobs. If the offers come through it would mean dropping out of the final year masters.
Original post by josh_v
The way I understand it is they are doing a 4 year undergrad course (i.e. 3 year BSc + 1 year MSc). Quite a few undergrad degrees combine the two such as maths or engineering. Sounds like they have just finished the 3 year undergrad part, and waiting for offers for September jobs. If the offers come through it would mean dropping out of the final year masters.

4+1 actually, because OP's at a Scottish uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending