OCR History Civil Rights 9th June - How did you do?

Watch
Poll: Which questions did you choose?
African American's Second World War T.P (3)
50%
President's role in limiting labour rights (3)
50%
Women's position remaining the same (0)
0%
arthur10519
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello everyone! Hope the paper went well for everyone today. So which questions did you choose and how do you think you did overall? Thanks!
RrOssss
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've seriously messed up doing the trade union question over women. How did you even structure it? What even was the counter argument other than Cleveland was a bad president too because he sent troops into Pullman????
arthur10519
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by RrOssss)
I've seriously messed up doing the trade union question over women. How did you even structure it? What even was the counter argument other than Cleveland was a bad president too because he sent troops into Pullman????
Same here . It was difficult in my opinion as it was limiting candidates to write about Presidents only whilst ensuring they were the ones in opposition (which is quite rare overall).

I spoke about:

right to strike (Reagan PATCO 1981 vs Cleveland Pullman 1894); how they were similar but Cleveland started the whole mess.

collective bargaining (Reagan pre - PATCO 1981 with no strike contracts etc similar to yellow dog etc vs Truman's Taft-Hartley Act 1947); Truman more important as he reinstated the whole concept of yellow-dog

working conditions (Reagan causes of PATCO 1981 vs Cleveland); Cleveland didn't do anything vs Reagan who reduced working hours etc

Not sure I did so well though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise