Labour Lover
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
we are done, one chance to get Labour in and change everything for the better but no that slimy ***** may does a deal with a group who oppose gay marriage and abortion this is the worst day ever
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Look. I am a Labour supporter. I am not over the moon with these results. But the DUP will not dare make any legislation which encroaches on the freedom of people's bodies, sexualities, and religions. Many members of this country voted Corbyn. He increased Labour's seat share. And anyway - if May ends up with a bad Brexit deal, we will vote her and her party out in 2022, providing she makes then.

Although these aren't the results I wanted, I'm curious to see what lies further.
Labour Lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
Look. I am a Labour supporter. I am not over the moon with these results. But the DUP will not dare make any legislation which encroaches on the freedom of people's bodies, sexualities, and religions. Many members of this country voted Corbyn. He increased Labour's seat share. And anyway - if May ends up with a bad Brexit deal, we will vote her and her party out in 2022, providing she makes then.

Although these aren't the results I wanted, I'm curious to see what lies further.
nah mate we are f**ked 2022 will be too late
Nil Admirari
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're complaining about the DUP but really had you and most other people voted tory and secured their majority then they wouldn't have needed to go into bed with the DUP. But instead people voted Labour and other giving them seats resulting in a hung parliament. Nevermind though, everything will be sorted in around 5 years.
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Come on, Labour gained seats, increased their vote share significantly and greatly exceeded most people's expectations. They're in a better position for the next election and managed to end the Conservative majority, despite predictions of a Conservative landslide at the beginning of the campaign. Now we have a Corbyn led Labour party in a stronger position while the Conservative government is in a weaker one. There's a lot to be optimistic about.
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Seriously, chill your tits.
blueflame23
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There might even be another election next year since a minority government could very likely fail and lead to another election having to take place, which would be good for labour I expect.
Labour Lover
Rep:
?
(Original post by matwillis)
You're complaining about the DUP but really had you and most other people voted tory and secured their majority then they wouldn't have needed to go into bed with the DUP. But instead people voted Labour and other giving them seats resulting in a hung parliament. Nevermind though, everything will be sorted in around 5 years.
I voted labour to get us in the tories are absolute dicks and have ruined the country beyond repair we will now have no NHS 2022 will be too late
Jimmitybob
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Actually, the deal with the DUP could be good. They will likely push their Soft Brexit agenda and their outdated policies will be thrown into the spotlight, perhaps mounting more pressure for them to change. Like you, I'm not thrilled with the results but every cloud has a silver lining
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Labour Lover)
we are done, one chance to get Labour in and change everything for the better but no that slimy ***** may does a deal with a group who oppose gay marriage and abortion this is the worst uday ever
It is great. The Torys are going to be crippled by the DUP. It will only take 2 backbenchers to cripple any chances of passing anything controversial. The Torys don'tstand a chance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed