The Student Room Group

Should I break up with him?

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years, we are both 18. Basically the issue is he NEVER answers my messages, I will wait all day for a reply but nothing! He used to reply immediately. Now this might sound silly because I understand people are busy but it is making me very insecure. I have told him it bothers me but we always end up arguing. We have been arguing a lot recently and Im wondering if maybe he is just not interested anymore but doesnt want to tell me? Any opinions would be really appreciated
Speak to him about it first, because he might just be busy. Honestly though, if people don't put in any effort and don't have time for you, you shouldn't either.
Original post by LadyLoony
Speak to him about it first, because he might just be busy. Honestly though, if people don't put in any effort and don't have time for you, you shouldn't either.

Thank you for this advice, this is my view. It feels like he puts no effort in anymore. Thanks for the reply
Original post by missy123456
Thank you for this advice, this is my view. It feels like he puts no effort in anymore. Thanks for the reply

You're welcome :smile: I'm in a similar position so I understand; it's exhausting and heartbreaking when you put so much effort into someone and you get nothing in return. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me :hugs:
Original post by LadyLoony

Agreed. You obviously message him a lot, and if he's not responding, then what's the point? It's really draining to tell someone how much you love them only for them to reply ten hours later!

If he snaps at you, try to be as kind and soft about it as possible. Clearly explain your feelings and how you feel as if he is not interested in you anymore. This may urge him to tell you anything you might not know.

If he says he'll try to reply faster, great, but if he says that and then still takes longer time, I'd consider breaking up. At that point it's kind of like he is just having you hanging around.

We have limited time in this life, so better to get over your ex sooner than later so you can move on!
Original post by Lilligant22
Agreed. You obviously message him a lot, and if he's not responding, then what's the point? It's really draining to tell someone how much you love them only for them to reply ten hours later!

If he snaps at you, try to be as kind and soft about it as possible. Clearly explain your feelings and how you feel as if he is not interested in you anymore. This may urge him to tell you anything you might not know.

If he says he'll try to reply faster, great, but if he says that and then still takes longer time, I'd consider breaking up. At that point it's kind of like he is just having you hanging around.

We have limited time in this life, so better to get over your ex sooner than later so you can move on!

Thank you for the response! We have talked about it so much, he always says he will change but as of yet hasnt. I think, although it is sad, he is growing tired of me. Thank you for the advice
Break up with some body who doesnt make any effort

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending