The Student Room Group

AQA- History A Level unit 2N Russia and revolution

Hi all,
Hope everyone found the first paper for the history exam went well, now it's time to focus on the next one! 💪🏻💪🏻 Does anyone have any predictions or guidance for the 2N section of the AQA A Level history course? Please comment below. My theories are the 1917 Feb revolution, civil war, foreign relations and WWII, yet this is only after looking at the specimen paper.
Reply 1
Original post by Sally_M98
Hi all,
Hope everyone found the first paper for the history exam went well, now it's time to focus on the next one! 💪🏻💪🏻 Does anyone have any predictions or guidance for the 2N section of the AQA A Level history course? Please comment below. My theories are the 1917 Feb revolution, civil war, foreign relations and WWII, yet this is only after looking at the specimen paper.

"Why did the Bolsheviks win the civil war?" or any variation on that would be gold, but it's arguably the easiest question they could ask so I'd suspect not. I'd say foreign relations and the second world war could come up because they haven't featured on either specimen. Given that the power struggle came up on both, I'd say it wouldn't come up unless it were a source question. The 1929-41 economy is a source and essay question too, but it seems so important and hard that I feel certain it'll manifest in some form- industrialisation is fine but collectivisation is not. Each specimen also had a question on high Stalinism but each was different (Stalin's use of terror in keeping him in control and the USSR as a superpower. One thing that hasn't come up at all are the purges of the 30s- from doing the breadth paper on Tudors last Friday I know that neither specimen had a question on Edward VI or Mary I and the mid Tudor era was our extract question....
Reply 2
Original post by AzaSad
"Why did the Bolsheviks win the civil war?" or any variation on that would be gold, but it's arguably the easiest question they could ask so I'd suspect not. I'd say foreign relations and the second world war could come up because they haven't featured on either specimen. Given that the power struggle came up on both, I'd say it wouldn't come up unless it were a source question. The 1929-41 economy is a source and essay question too, but it seems so important and hard that I feel certain it'll manifest in some form- industrialisation is fine but collectivisation is not. Each specimen also had a question on high Stalinism but each was different (Stalin's use of terror in keeping him in control and the USSR as a superpower. One thing that hasn't come up at all are the purges of the 30s- from doing the breadth paper on Tudors last Friday I know that neither specimen had a question on Edward VI or Mary I and the mid Tudor era was our extract question....

I agree!! Russia has always been my best out of the two units so really want to smash it! 😂 Thank your predictions because I've got a feeling the purges and something to do with the Second World War might come up! Similarly I also feel like culture could be a possible question?
Hope Tudors went well for you btw! How did you find the questions?
Reply 3
Original post by Sally_M98
I agree!! Russia has always been my best out of the two units so really want to smash it! 😂 Thank your predictions because I've got a feeling the purges and something to do with the Second World War might come up! Similarly I also feel like culture could be a possible question?
Hope Tudors went well for you btw! How did you find the questions?

Tudors went well! Thanks for asking. On culture, it did come up in a specimen in relation to 1929-41.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending