Turn on thread page Beta

How are people who are taking their GCSEs next year finding their subjects? watch

ReputationRep:
    German - I think I am getting better and learning more vocabulary as time goes by, but I think it will depend on which topics come up on the exam (School I would love, festivals I would hate).

English Literature - I recently completed a mock exam on this and got a 4. I just find what you need to do to get a higher mark just a bit pointless and unnecessary.

English Language - I find this easier than liturature mostly because there isn't unseen poetry plus the more creative writing question.

Maths - I like maths and am doing well with the topics we have done. Hopefully in the actual exams I do well!

History - I am really enjoying this. I'm finding it really interesting and am doing well.

Geography - Not the most interesting subject, but I am doing well in it. I likely won't do this for A Level. Just not interesting.

Physics - Somehow I am finding this easier than the other sciences, but I know I will struggle to remember the equations.

Chemistry - I am doing well at this, but it is just boring. I can't see how most of what I am doing is useful (even though most will be).

Biology - I think this is my favourite out of the three sciences and I am still doing well. I find the human biology interesting, but the plant biology is just boring.

R.S - This is very easy for me. Just remember the facts and you can find a way to put it in the answer. Hopefully I do well just to give me another GCSE.

Also, what are your early thoughts for your A Levels. After some thought, I will probably go for Maths, History, Law and if I get the grades to do a 4th, it will be either English, a science or Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    English Lit - Definitely prefer this over English Lang, I like to be prepared, 7
    English Lang - Improving, hate paper 1 but really enjoy paper 2 (particularly section B), 7
    Math - Really enjoying it, will take at A-Levels, 8
    Physics - My favourite science hands down, 8
    Chem - We are quite behind, have to teach most of it myself, 8
    Bio - Least favourite science, however the teacher is good, 7
    French - Improving, will probably be my weakest grade, 6
    DT - Enjoyed it more last year, A/A*
    Media - Regret the option, not getting much work done, B
    RE - Very easy and simple, 9
    History - One of my favourite subjects atm, 7/8

I am thinking a lot about A-Levels atm, I am thinking about taking Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths. I want to go into Natural Science.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.