loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I just finished first year, and unfortunately all my essays were not good. I barely passed them. For second year, I will try and avoid them as much as possible because they are my weakness but if I need to do them I want to get as high as possible.

So I realised the main thing about my essay was forming arguments. I bought this book that said that in order to do the essay correctly (well for the types of questions I did) I need to:
Points for this arguments
points against the arguments
and strengths and weaknesses.

But how exactly do I do this without coming off topic? How do I look for strengths and weakness from referencing a book etc?
It is a little confusing.
Can anyone help me please? Thank you
Wanderlust_66
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not sure you are posting in the right place - this is for those looking at going into teaching.
JGlore
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Writing an authentic essay can be a daunting task. However, if you know what you need to do, it may not be as problematic. I am an expert essay writer who has helped several students excel in there essays.

While others will give you different ways of writing distinction scoring essays, there are basics that build a great essay:

1. A compelling Introduction
A great introduction starts in a general statement on the topic of discussion then narrows down to summarize the points for and against. The introduction then concludes in a THESIS STATEMENT (a summary of the arguments that follow). I always tell students that if you you do a great introduction, the rest of the essay will be an easy walk in the park.

2. A well structured and organized body
The body should be about justifying the thesis statement. Each of the paragraphs should be organized as follows:
a). Topic statement - the main idea justifying the thesis statement
b). Evidence - here is where you present arguments for and against in the context of your position and topic statement. This is where you must include as much references as you can.
c). Conclusion/Inference/deduction - draw from the evidence to conclude on the topic statement

3. Conclusion - a summary of all the overarching points presented in the body. Here, do not include any new information not contained in the content.

I hope this helps. If you have a problem writing quality essay, you can use my expertise to improve through the PM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (365)
59.06%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.34%
No- I want it (175)
28.32%
No- I don't want it (45)
7.28%

Watched Threads