The Student Room Group

Is sex and gender the same according to the Biological approach?

Hey guys,

I'm in Year 10 doing the OCR GCSE Psychology, the old spec not the new 9-1. Our teacher left so I can't ask her this as our mock exams are soon.

According to the biological approach, is sex and gender the same as sex is determined at conception and the gonads influence the brain with the hormones so the gender would be the same? Also what would it say about people who are transgender?
Reply 1
Original post by reinaadira
Hey guys,

I'm in Year 10 doing the OCR GCSE Psychology, the old spec not the new 9-1. Our teacher left so I can't ask her this as our mock exams are soon.

According to the biological approach, is sex and gender the same as sex is determined at conception and the gonads influence the brain with the hormones so the gender would be the same? Also what would it say about people who are transgender?

Yes, chromosomes influence biological sex and influence the hormones produced which could be said to cause gender-typical behaviour like aggression in boys and high emotional levels in girls.
Original post by Rigby16
Yes, chromosomes influence biological sex and influence the hormones produced which could be said to cause gender-typical behaviour like aggression in boys and high emotional levels in girls.

So what are the chromosomes for the attack helicopter gender?
Reply 3
Original post by crosssafley
So what are the chromosomes for the attack helicopter gender?

what do you mean?
Original post by Rigby16
what do you mean?

Never mind my friend I was trying to make terrible joke

Quick Reply

Latest