The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Not meeting requirements

Hello all,

I essentially finished my last day of sixth-form yesterday because that was also the day of my last exam. So, I am not very optimistic about how I did for my A2 Product Design exam (Edexcel). I regret revising so much and not practising pass papers, my exam technique is not too good.

I study Art & Design and Product Design. I need to get AB to get into my firm choice uni - Kent - to study architecture. If for instance, I get an A* in one subject and C in another is there a chance that I may still get my place confirmed?
Original post by alimila
Hello all,

I essentially finished my last day of sixth-form yesterday because that was also the day of my last exam. So, I am not very optimistic about how I did for my A2 Product Design exam (Edexcel). I regret revising so much and not practising pass papers, my exam technique is not too good.

I study Art & Design and Product Design. I need to get AB to get into my firm choice uni - Kent - to study architecture. If for instance, I get an A* in one subject and C in another is there a chance that I may still get my place confirmed?

It all depends on what other applicants get and if they'll accept equivalent grades, people can get in with near misses but no one can tell you if you will for sure or not.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
From what I've heard, Kent is quiet lenient with grades. Don't stress out too much, you've done really well. At the end of the day, knowledge is more important than exam technique.

P.S. By the way, here is statistics of actual UCAS tariff scores for students who started this course: https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subjects/entry/10007150FT-ARCHITECTURE_BA_K100/ReturnTo/Search

Hope, this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending