The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Durham vs Exeter

Hello, I am Year 12 and looking to study history at degree. I will most likely apply to both of these, but I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me on which university would be the better firm choice. Thank you in advance!
Bit hard, you'd need someone in a similar scenario to me who has studied a degree at two uni's. I myself have studied in Bath (currently) and Exeter (formerly). If you have any Exeter-specific q's, im happy to give any answers i can for any.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by QuentinM
Bit hard, you'd need someone in a similar scenario to me who has studied a degree at two uni's. I myself have studied in Bath (currently) and Exeter (formerly). If you have any Exeter-specific q's, im happy to give any answers i can for any.

Hi Quentin, I have heard that there is a large proportion of private school students at Exeter, and a large emphasis on rugby, how true is this? It was hard to gauge at the open day!
Reply 3
I spent the first half of this year studying at Durham before dropping out - I have now firmed an offer to study at Exeter in September so know a fair bit about both unis! Anything in particular you want to know?
I've just finished my first year studying biology at Exeter (durham was my firm choice originally so I know a bit about that too!) I would recommend Exeter more on balance actually - from what I saw if Durham and what I now know about Exe there's a lot more going on in Exeter - the city is bigger and there's less of a sense of a 'bubble' which is quite nice. In terms of state:tongue:rivate ratio both unis are stereotypically more on the private side but I wouldn't let that bother you - for the most part you won't notice! Let me know if you've got any more questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tomhennessy
Hi Quentin, I have heard that there is a large proportion of private school students at Exeter, and a large emphasis on rugby, how true is this? It was hard to gauge at the open day!

1) Yes, you will find there are quite a number of "private school" students, or Oxbridge rejects....but equally, there are plenty of people who aren't in this category. Its a mixed bag.

2) Given the success of the Exeter chiefs, yes rugby can be quite popular at the University, but it wasn't so in your face that it was all I heard about, it was more of an occasional thing.
Reply 6
Original post by QuentinM
1) Yes, you will find there are quite a number of "private school" students, or Oxbridge rejects....but equally, there are plenty of people who aren't in this category. Its a mixed bag.

2) Given the success of the Exeter chiefs, yes rugby can be quite popular at the University, but it wasn't so in your face that it was all I heard about, it was more of an occasional thing.

Thank you very much! I play rugby at club level so the popularity is welcome, and it is good to know there is much diversity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending