The Student Room Group

M1 edxcel revison

I'm currently preparing for my mechanics m1 edxcel exam this Wednesday. I have done most of the past papers and I feel fairly confident and I do pretty well on the papers. However I'm slightly worried about the actual exam as the 2016 past paper is much harder and completely different then the other papers. Should I do some ocr papers as the questions are more complex than the once on the edxcel paper or should I finish of the rest of the edxcel papers I don't have enough time to do both. Someone please help ???
Reply 1
Original post by Mf1999
I'm currently preparing for my mechanics m1 edxcel exam this Wednesday. I have done most of the past papers and I feel fairly confident and I do pretty well on the papers. However I'm slightly worried about the actual exam as the 2016 past paper is much harder and completely different then the other papers. Should I do some ocr papers as the questions are more complex than the once on the edxcel paper or should I finish of the rest of the edxcel papers I don't have enough time to do both. Someone please help ???

Do the Edexcel IAL papers, you'll find the 2016 paper is similar to those. Odds are this years paper might be too.
Reply 2
Original post by TajwarC
Do the Edexcel IAL papers

I have done them already
Reply 3
Original post by TajwarC
Do the Edexcel IAL papers, you'll find the 2016 paper is similar to those. Odds are this years paper might be too.

This year, the c1 and c2 tests were very similar to the 2017 IAL paper so there's hope 🤓
Reply 4
Original post by LoDMR
This year, the c1 and c2 tests were very similar to the 2017 IAL paper so there's hope 🤓

So should I redo the papers as I did them right at the start and I don't really remember much from them
Reply 5
Original post by Mf1999
So should I redo the papers as I did them right at the start and I don't really remember much from them

Yeah there aren't that many if I remember correctly, could be done in a day or so. After that maybe just answer as many questions from the textbook as you can, from your weakest topic
Reply 6
Original post by TajwarC
Yeah there aren't that many if I remember correctly, could be done in a day or so. After that maybe just answer as many questions from the textbook as you can, from your weakest topic

Okayyy thankkk youuuu

Quick Reply

Latest