RubenBlue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know any potential questions for section b (child language acquisition) in AQA English Language Paper 1?
taralesloth
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RubenBlue)
Does anyone know any potential questions for section b (child language acquisition) in AQA English Language Paper 1?
There's some mock/specimen papers for the new spec on the AQA site. There isn't much because obviously we're the first year of this spec.

Here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/engli...ment-resources
RubenBlue
Rep:
?
(Original post by taralesloth)
There's some mock/specimen papers for the new spec on the AQA site. There isn't much because obviously we're the first year of this spec.

Here: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/engli...ment-resources
Thank you for replying. I did look on the AQA site but I couldn't really think of any other statements that they could get us to evaluate. It seems like the only 'debates' are between nature vs nurture/ interactionist or creativity vs accuracy.
taralesloth
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RubenBlue)
Thank you for replying. I did look on the AQA site but I couldn't really think of any other statements that they could get us to evaluate. It seems like the only 'debates' are between nature vs nurture/ interactionist or creativity vs accuracy.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. For mocks our teachers had to create questions for us because it's the first spec.

If it helps, I've been told to really look into the frameworks as these are highly important in regards to question 1/2 specifically, but obviously can be applied throughout both papers. I've also been really looking into key terms and going over the types of words (For example, verbs broken down, auxiliary etc.) as these show a bit of knowledge. (I've been struggling throughout the year with my teachers so have really been doing in depth revision) Sentence types, clauses etc are also going to come in handy. There's some specimen answers on the AQA site with the examiners reports in the same document, and comments on each mark. I've found that of great use.

For CLA, make sure to go over theories in detail, as referencing back to these is deemed as knowledgable, as well as the stages. (Maybe go over the one you are more comfortable with, speech or written, as the chances are the two questions you can choose from will be one of each, so you can go without whatever you prefer.)

Hope I helped, really just spouting stuff from examiner reports I have read and from what I have been told by staff at my college. Good luck with the rest of your revision and for the exams!
RubenBlue
Rep:
?
(Original post by taralesloth)
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. For mocks our teachers had to create questions for us because it's the first spec.

If it helps, I've been told to really look into the frameworks as these are highly important in regards to question 1/2 specifically, but obviously can be applied throughout both papers. I've also been really looking into key terms and going over the types of words (For example, verbs broken down, auxiliary etc.) as these show a bit of knowledge. (I've been struggling throughout the year with my teachers so have really been doing in depth revision) Sentence types, clauses etc are also going to come in handy. There's some specimen answers on the AQA site with the examiners reports in the same document, and comments on each mark. I've found that of great use.

For CLA, make sure to go over theories in detail, as referencing back to these is deemed as knowledgable, as well as the stages. (Maybe go over the one you are more comfortable with, speech or written, as the chances are the two questions you can choose from will be one of each, so you can go without whatever you prefer.)

Hope I helped, really just spouting stuff from examiner reports I have read and from what I have been told by staff at my college. Good luck with the rest of your revision and for the exams!
You actually have, thank you! Good luck to you too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.02%
1 (70)
13.83%
2 (65)
12.85%
20.55%
20.16%
5 (89)
17.59%

Watched Threads