AQA History B Paper 2: help?Watch
So made 165 flashcards on Quizlet for Paper 1 and they really helped remember dates and events well along with their effects but they took ages to make. So I wanted to ask if anyone's doing the topics:
-War in Vietnam1954–1975
and if they'd be willing to help make these flashcards?
The way I did it last time was I used the spec to see everything they expected us to know about and then I made the cards on those things, so that way everything was covered. If you wanna see what I meant by those ones, the link is:
the password is: hipplfromthestudentroom ; )
But, yeah I removed everything from the spec that isn't these topics and pasted it into a Google Docs thing so if anyone would like to help then I would send the list of the things on the spec we need to know! If you want to do the same but with other topics then if you wanna use this thread to talk about that with other people then that's fine, I don't think anyone will bother with this but it's worth a shot!
I do Weimar Germany and War in Vietnam so it would be helpful if you made flashcards for those please.
For those topics we need to know all of this:
2. Weimar Germany, 1919–1929
Key issue: How far do the early problems of the Weimar Republic suggest that it was doomed from
• The origins of the Weimar Republic; the armistice; the effects of the Treaty of Versailles
• Political problems: the constitution and its consequences for government; political instability
• Challenges to Weimar, 1919–1923: the Spartacists; attempted takeovers by the right wing: the Freikorps;
Kapp Putsch; Munich Putsch
• Economic problems leading to hyperinflation; the invasion of the Ruhr.
Key issue: How far did the Weimar Republic recover under Stresemann?
• The role of Stresemann, as Chancellor and then Foreign Minister
• The recovery of the economy: new currency; the Dawes and Young Plans
• Developments in international relations: Locarno Pact, League of Nations, Kellogg-Briand Pact
• The extent of recovery – politically, economically and culturally.
Key issue: How far did the Nazi Party develop its ideas and organisation up to 1929?
• Early career of Hitler; German Workers’ Party under Drexler; early development of the Nazi Party
• The Munich Putsch and its consequences; Mein Kampf
• Decline in support in the Stresemann years; consolidation of Nazi organisation in the later 1920s.
8. War in Vietnam, 1954–1975
Key issue: How effective were guerrilla tactics during the Vietnam War?
• The French defeat at Dien Bien Phu and its consequences
• US policy and intervention following French defeat
• The theory of guerrilla warfare
• Guerrilla tactics, 1964–1968
• The US response to guerrilla tactics: Operation Rolling Thunder; ‘Hearts and Minds’; Agent Orange
and napalm; Search and Destroy
• The My Lai Massacre, 1968.
Key issue: How did the coverage of the Vietnam War in the USA lead to demands for peace?
• TV and media coverage of the war, from the Gulf of Tonkin to the evacuation of Saigon
• Protest movements in the USA, 1968–1973
• The public reaction to the My Lai Massacre, the trial of Lieutenant Calley
• The Kent State University protest, 1970
• The Fulbright hearings, 1971.
Key issue: Why were the US actions to end the Vietnam War unsuccessful?
• The Tet Offensive and its impact on the war, 1968
• Attacks on Laos and Cambodia, 1970
• US bombing of the North and attacks on Laos and Cambodia, 1970 –1972
• The Paris Peace Conference and US withdrawal
• The fall of Saigon, 1975.
Which is a lot.
fINE THEN PEOPLE THE OFFER IS OFF, THIS WHOLE THREAD IS AN EMBARRASSMENT AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD END UP BEING, SO THANKS GUYS I WASTED 5 MINUTES OF MY LIFE TYPING STUFF AND ANOTHER 5 CHANGING FONTS AND COLOURS