is A level physics harder than A level biology ?

Watch
revengeofjdwag
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Needchemhlp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by revengeofjdwag)
Yup if you're half decent at revising
Fs1098
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Needchemhlp)
Yup if you're half decent at revising
For sure! Much harder Bio isn't easy but it's significantly easier than physics!
revengeofjdwag
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
is it harder than maths?
Fs1098
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is it harder than maths?
I think it's more of a personal preference - personally I find maths much easier than bio
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
that's completely opinion based but AS wise i can confirm imo that physics despite me being very good maths wise is BY FAR harder.

I dropped biology after AS but i feel that if i did A2 biology with the A2 physics then physics would still be harder as biology is nicer maths wise and as long as you can remember the information you can do pretty well. In physics the maths questions are riddled with tricks, the practical section requires so much more than simply remembering the practicals, and the questions can be very decieving in physics.

again, id like to repeat I havent taken A2 biology so i dont know which is definitely harder but from my AS experience i know physics is a nightmare and i believe to be considered the hardest A level closely followed by further maths
Needchemhlp
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is it harder than maths?
Im only at AS level and maths hasnt been that bad, people say it gets worse and im pretty sure later on ull start finding physics getting easier ( you become more comfortable with the types of questions)
LeScienceBlogger
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Needchemhlp)
Im only at AS level and maths hasnt been that bad, people say it gets worse and im pretty sure later on ull start finding physics getting easier ( you become more comfortable with the types of questions)
Year 2 physics is like running into a brick wall, and when you see the trig in c3 and intergration in c4, biology starts feeling like a piss take
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (567)
34.26%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (681)
41.15%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.53%

Watched Threads