nihadbibani
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello guys,

I've a problem with one of my assignments,

here is the question:
"Write an analysis of the different factors that can affect the planning and organisation of study for yourself and students in general."

I have submitted my answer which is this:"

Most of the students either do not have an organised study plan or do not follow it sincerely. Consequently their performance suffers and a common refrain is how we do study but do not know why our efforts fail to yield results.There are more different factors that have its own impact on planning and organisation of study by a student:-Time management-Surrounding Environment-Goals and Pressure-Reading and note taking-Social life and health -Language -Time managementThe secret to succeeding in your studies is good time management. If you manage your time well you will be able to achieve more and feel in control, which will help to reduce your stress levels. Using time wisely- -Planning your tasks and activities so as to make the best use of your time. -Being well organised so that you don't waste time. -Doing the things you have to do while still having time for the things you want to do. -Surrounding EnvironmentIf you have an upcoming test, this might be a common scenario. After the initial anxiety rush, you start making a plan to study. Its likely that most (or all) of your attention goes to when and how you're going to prepare. For example, you think of your classes and other various activities that take time during your day, and then make a mental note of the time period when studying will happen. Below are different elements that can play a role in encouraging or discouraging a focused study session to help your retention for an exam:-PeopleStudying with an individual or a group can be really helpful or distracting, depending on the people.- Location And ResourcesWhen you're trying to choose the right location, you need to consider these specific important aspects- Distance to essentials and Physical feeling.- AtmosphereAtmospheric factors might be unusual to consider, yet they are important in finding a quality study location.-DistractionsEven if you find the perfect place to study, you still can do extra work on your part to maximise your studying productivity. For one, turn your cellphone off.-You'll need to understand your previous study experiences and define your personal preferences to create the perfect study environment. -Goals and Pressure-When preparing for exams most of you will know roughly, if not exactly, when your exams will be. Wahether you're preparing for a mid-term test or an end of year exam you should always know what it is you are studying for. -Reading and note takingIn a college program there is a lot of material to learn and understand. Whether you are trying to absorb information in class or trying to understand the material in your textbook, study techniques can make learning easier. -Social life and health It's important to have good people in your life to help keep you balanced, because you can it dedicate your entire emotional well-being to your medical specialities training. But its also too easy to let the balance slip.-LanguageHaving English as my second language have a huge impact on my studies and it's one of those factors that makes me spend more time

But then the assessor came back to me and asked me to analyse those factor
Can you guys please help me how to analyse, I just need one example to understand how to analyse the rest of it
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nihadbibani)
Hello guys,

I've a problem with one of my assignments,

here is the question:
"Write an analysis of the different factors that can affect the planning and organisation of study for yourself and students in general."

I have submitted my answer which is this:"

Most of the students either do not have an organised study plan or do not follow it sincerely. Consequently their performance suffers and a common refrain is how we do study but do not know why our efforts fail to yield results. There are more different factors that have its own impact on planning and organisation of study by a student: -Time management -Surrounding Environment -Goals and Pressure -Reading and note taking -Social life and health -Language -Time management The secret to succeeding in your studies is good time management. If you manage your time well you will be able to achieve more and feel in control, which will help to reduce your stress levels. Using time wisely- -Planning your tasks and activities so as to make the best use of your time. -Being well organised so that you don't waste time. -Doing the things you have to do while still having time for the things you want to do. -Surrounding Environment If you have an upcoming test, this might be a common scenario. After the initial anxiety rush, you start making a plan to study. Its likely that most (or all) of your attention goes to when and how you're going to prepare. For example, you think of your classes and other various activities that take time during your day, and then make a mental note of the time period when studying will happen. Below are different elements that can play a role in encouraging or discouraging a focused study session to help your retention for an exam: -People Studying with an individual or a group can be really helpful or distracting, depending on the people. - Location And Resources When you're trying to choose the right location, you need to consider these specific important aspects- Distance to essentials and Physical feeling. - Atmosphere Atmospheric factors might be unusual to consider, yet they are important in finding a quality study location. -Distractions Even if you find the perfect place to study, you still can do extra work on your part to maximise your studying productivity. For one, turn your cellphone off. -You'll need to understand your previous study experiences and define your personal preferences to create the perfect study environment. -Goals and Pressure -When preparing for exams most of you will know roughly, if not exactly, when your exams will be. Whether you're preparing for a mid-term test or an end of year exam you should always know what it is you are studying for. -Reading and note taking In a college program there is a lot of material to learn and understand. Whether you are trying to absorb information in class or trying to understand the material in your textbook, study techniques can make learning easier. -Social life and health It's important to have good people in your life to help keep you balanced, because you can it dedicate your entire emotional well-being to your medical specialities training. But its also too easy to let the balance slip. -Language Having English as my second language have a huge impact on my studies and it's one of those factors that makes me spend more time "

But then the assessor came back to me and asked me to analyse those factor
Can you guys please help me how to analyse, I just need one example to understand how to analyse the rest of it
Would you mind putting in the paragraphs as im finding it too dense and you know where they are.

If I was approachng it I would have mindmapped all the different factors, listed them and explained how each one affects planning and organisation.

Presumably you have studied this already or is he asking you from your experience to list the factors?

I think he wants you to do more objective logical analysis, which shows the breadth of factors and how they can affect both positively and negatively your planning and organisation.

Maybe things like your job or your family which have demands on your time and need to be planned around. How do they impact on your studies and what methods do you use to deal with this? What are the consequences of handling it well or poorly? What happens when you are asked to deal with the unexpected?

Maybe something on what sort of student you are? How you like to study? Different people study in different ways?Also how clever you are? You can talk about learning new techniques. How rusty are you? What do you find easy or hard?

What study resources do you have available, own room, computer, books etc or lack those?

I think the assessor (I havent read your piece properly) is suggesting you dont go deep enough and think just saying something is enough rather than going on to explain what you mean about the impact on planning and organsation.

You need to show him you understand how it works.

Thats my guess anyway. Sure there are mature students who have done this and they can guide you better than I.
Rattie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
God I hate this ******** type of assignment.

For analysis you probably need to be talking about the significance of each factor both in itself and in relation to the other ones, and perhaps how they interact with and compound each other. What aspects of outcome can be affected by which factors.

So if you were talking about weight loss, you might talk about a) your diet and b) your exercise. You start by stating the facts like you've done. For analysis you could talk about which one contributes more to weight loss, and how better nutrition will improve your capability to exercise, but also that exercise might make you hungrier. So you'd emphasise that both need to be taken into account and talk about how the different components (when are you eating? what are you eating? how much? what exercise? when? how much?) affect each other, how they affect achievement of the end goal, and which are the most significant
Bubbleuk1974
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
list factors that could effect your study plans, such as the weather, your job if you work. travel. every day activities such as home life, whether you care for children or a parent . housework and shopping. things that will limit the hours you have in a day to study or fo assignments. hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (177)
28.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.69%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (57)
9.15%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8.03%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.22%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.94%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.21%

Watched Threads