The Student Room Group

Friends seen me out with my parents

So I was out getting my birthday present that is from my parents and I was with my parents and my friends from school were there and then they seen me, they didn't say anything to me.

I'm so embarrassed! I'm just worried that they'll think i only go out with my parents. Have I any need to be embarrassed?
(edited 6 years ago)
What's so bad about going out with your parents? My friends have seen me with my parents loads of times. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Absolutely no reason to be embarrassed. If anything, you should be embarrassed by the fact that you're embarrassed tbh.
Original post by Nadine_08
Absolutely no reason to be embarrassed. If anything, you should be embarrassed by the fact that you're embarrassed tbh.

I know true I just get so paranoid over stupid things
Original post by Apple2017
So I was out getting my birthday present that is from my parents and I was with my parents and my friends from school were there and then they seen me, they didn't say anything to me.

I'm so embarrassed! I'm just worried that they'll think i only go out with my parents. Have I any need to be embarrassed?

No? I'm sorry but whats so embarrassing about being out with your parents?
Reply 5
Don't worry not everyone's got an amazing social life and goes out 24/7 with people their own age
Original post by BintM
No? I'm sorry but whats so embarrassing about being out with your parents?

It's not that my parents are embarrassing, I'm just worried that the people I know may think it's "weird" that I'm out with my parents and not people in my age group. I really worry about the stupidest of things.
Reply 7
Ah, young teens' insecurity!
If thats how you're measuring it, I didnt realise I was that much of a weirdo
Original post by College_Dropout

The people I go to school with aren't the nicest, they'd make fun of you for anything and everything.

I know I referred to them as "friends" well they are, but I keep my distance at times
I can see why you would be embarrassed lol :rofl:

that's why when I had an appointment that my mother had to attend with me (I was a youth offender and the school had to speak to her)

I told her where to meet me and just legged it outside the school and ran to her before my mates saw me :biggrin:
But the next day they told me, "Damn you just took off."
Original post by usualsuspects
Ah, young teens' insecurity!

true. Being cool is a silly aspiration but it's the world as a teen and I honestly think there's nothing wrong with it until you turn like 25.
Original post by College_Dropout

just when I thought I had the biggest beard on tsr...
Reply 13
Original post by 0to100
true. Being cool is a silly aspiration but it's the world as a teen and I honestly think there's nothing wrong with it until you turn like 25.

I don't think it's mature for a person above 17 to fear being seen with their parents. I never had problems with that at all: they are my parents and we are obviously doing things together.
:facepalm2:

Very few people will ever love you in that pure way that parents typically do. Don't be ashamed of those who do.
Omg grow up, there's ain't nothing wrong with going out with parents.
what

ever
Original post by 0to100
just when I thought I had the biggest beard on tsr...

Pass the crown over

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending