Amy_123xo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm hoping to study accounting at university. In S5 I done higher English, maths, modern studies, business management and national 5 accounting. I'm hoping to achieve at least AAAB at higher and an A in the national 5 I done. I'm now choosing subjects for S6 and was wondering if I would be best to do 5 highers or 4 highers plus a yass open university course in accounting? Someone please help I am so stuck, thanks

Also, I am defo taking higher accounting this year so is the yass course even worth it? Should I just take it to make me perhaps stand out?
PTS_99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Amy_123xo)
I'm hoping to study accounting at university. In S5 I done higher English, maths, modern studies, business management and national 5 accounting. I'm hoping to achieve at least AAAB at higher and an A in the national 5 I done. I'm now choosing subjects for S6 and was wondering if I would be best to do 5 highers or 4 highers plus a yass open university course in accounting? Someone please help I am so stuck, thanks

Also, I am defo taking higher accounting this year so is the yass course even worth it? Should I just take it to make me perhaps stand out?
If you're already going to do Higher Accounting then I would forget about the YASS course entirely. I did one on computing last year and it wasn't very good in my opinion, I knew someone in my school who was doing one that I think might have been accounting related and she didn't enjoy it at all. It might seem like a good idea to do it at the offset, but in reality you'll want to concentrate on your Highers.

So in short I'd just stick to the 5 Highers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (157)
60.62%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.25%
No- I want it (73)
28.19%
No- I don't want it (18)