How many people do you share a kitchen with in halls? Watch

hysterria
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm considering going in halls, and some halls have like 30-50 people in them. Does that mean you share a kitchen with all of them, or are there multiple kitchens in one corridor?

I'm not from the UK and just generally confused about your housing system
Babyoleg
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

In halls you are generally put on a corridor with around 4-10 people on and each corridor usually has a kitchen so it's around 4-10 people sharing a kitchen. Some have two corridors sharing so I have seen 15 people in a kitchen before but normally that's much less and it's a greater number if you get catered accommodation.

If you go on your unis website they'll have info on how many people per kitchen and bathroom and all the other accommodation info
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by hysterria)
I'm considering going in halls, and some halls have like 30-50 people in them. Does that mean you share a kitchen with all of them, or are there multiple kitchens in one corridor?

I'm not from the UK and just generally confused about your housing system
It varies from accomodation to accomodation. Some unis go for the corridor option with one or two kitchens on each corridor, other unis divide halls into flats with one kitchen in each flat and anything from 3-18 students in a flat. Each uni normally details it on their accomodation pages on the website & in their prospectuses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (287)
60.55%
Yes- I don't like it (23)
4.85%