Anikayesthatsme
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am going to begin my A-levels in September and I want to achieve A*'s in my subjects In order to do that I need to be prepared/organised and stuff. Any Ideas of what to do during Summer to prepare and tips during A levels themselves
HopelessMedic
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anikayesthatsme)
I am going to begin my A-levels in September and I want to achieve A*'s in my subjects In order to do that I need to be prepared/organised and stuff. Any Ideas of what to do during Summer to prepare and tips during A levels themselves
What subjects? And there's no need to do anything in summer, just chill cause it's the longest break you'll have until after you're A-levels have finished.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A2 or AS. For AS relax during summer/get a job or work experience or even uni open days

Im starting A2 in summer and going to do revision for my linear subjects in a bit of my free time
HotDetermination
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
Maybe do a bit of pre reading into the subjects you want to do. By that I mean start learning the content you'll be learning next year. DO NOT GRIND! Spend minimal time doing this as this is your summer holiday. What subjects are you taking?
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Work work work work work

It's a good idea to do a bit of pre-reading on your subjects before you start and it's best if you start revising right from the beginning of the year (in September) to ensure you don't have to try to cram everything in just before the exams.
rosie.mn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sure, do some prereading in the summer, but there's nothing much you can really do because you won't know what your a levels are like/how much work they require until you start doing them. So relax! You'll get an a* at a level by working hard throughout the year, reading around your subject, revising for mocks and constantly consolidating content, not by filling up your summer with work. You've probably had a really exhausting exam season and deserve a break.
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When sitting your A level exam papers, just don't get many questions wrong.

A* is guaranteed.
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HopelessMedic)
What subjects? And there's no need to do anything in summer, just chill cause it's the longest break you'll have until after you're A-levels have finished.
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
A2 or AS. For AS relax during summer/get a job or work experience or even uni open days

Im starting A2 in summer and going to do revision for my linear subjects in a bit of my free time
Ditto. Don't stress yourself out. You've just finished your GCSEs which at the time are pretty stressful. When you get to college time will pass exponentially and you'll be shocked when it comes to exams. So please take this break. I'd say get a nice good summer job to take your mind of things but to also get some experience under your belt.

When you do get to college, I suggest (this is what I hope to do in year 13) you pre-read before lessons so you go into the lesson with an idea of what you'll be learning. This way you can ask for help in lessons about things you really don't understand instead of trying to understand the concept in the class and going away feeling confused. That was the biggest mistake for me for Chemistry and Physics. Thankfully I'm sitting the linear specification so I have time to get myself sorted out before September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (65)
21.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
45.27%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.16%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.61%

Watched Threads