Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I’m coming to Manchester in September and was just wondering how many of you are going into private halls?

I’m off to Unite Students – Park View in Manchester, cool place in Rusholme…

Has any one from Manchester got any info on the area, some say/statistics that it has high crime in the M14 postcode, I didn’t think it was that bad when I visited.

Anyways I’m probably going to spend most of my time in city centre studying anyways (Access course in Law/Criminology), going to college … CANT WAIT!

So does anyone know much about Manchester College of Arts & Technology in Manchester City Centre Campus, it’s a lovely new building hehe… but when I visited a lot of building work was going on… lets hope the noise doesn’t interrupt my studies lol..

ReputationRep:
    Rushulme isn't the nicest part of Manchester but if you use common sense its ok .

As for MANCAT I had the miss forutne to do my AVCE there. The tutors were basicaly failed I.T people who could not hack it, apart from a couple of good ones who came in the second year after we all got one tutor the sack and thretended to go to the papers about the lack of teaching.

Even then I was left to teach my self the second half of AS Business Studies because the teacher left and they had no replacement. My experience of Mancat was a lot of a lot of hype printed on the glossy brochures.

The city centre campus is a new building at least. The college was second from bottom for A level results in Manchester.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.