The Student Room Group

Can i get into uni With a PP

i would like to get into University but i only have a PP i heard about foundation years but they gave me a conditional offer of MP. (Southampton solent)
Sure, Men can get into universities. Loads of them do all the time!

(sorry, I saw the title and couldnt resist!)
Do you mean PP as in PAss Pass?
Original post by VeryWorriedChild
i would like to get into University but i only have a PP i heard about foundation years but they gave me a conditional offer of MP. (Southampton solent)

Sorry but could you make this a bit more clear, as I have literally no clue what you're discussing?
Reply 4
If you get a PP you don't deserve to go to university.
You're better off contacting the university and asking them.
Original post by SonoLuma
Do you mean PP as in PAss Pass?

yes
Sure, Men can get into universities. Loads of them do all the time!

(sorry, I saw the title and couldnt resist!)

Original post by Spratty
If you get a PP you don't deserve to go to university.

Wow. You must have a PhD. in A**holery.

yes

Sorry, couldnt resist the joke. Contact the Uni in question and ask the admissions tutor. I am sorry to inform you that usually (depending on the course) a PP isn't a very sought after grade. Ask the uni about it, and also ask if they are planning to open up the course to clearing this year. Good luck

Also go onto UCAS to explore your options and get further advice, such as the clearing I mentioned.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Sorry but could you make this a bit more clear, as I have literally no clue what you're discussing?

i have a PASS PASS but the conditional offer is MERIT PASS
so i dont think i can even get into UNI
i have a PASS PASS but the conditional offer is MERIT PASS
so i dont think i can even get into UNI

Ask Southampton Solent if they would accept it, but probably clearing for you to go somewhere else.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder

I assumed (and I think I am right in saying) that the "PP" the OP mentions is a "Pass Pass" grade for an A level course, and if that will be able to get them into the course they want.

Edit: Sorry, my notifications a screwing up and didnt see your reply above.
(edited 6 years ago)
Wow. You must have a PhD. in A**holery.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it is how I really feel. If you get a grade that is on part with getting two E's at A-level, then you shouldn't go to university as you are not competent enough. Universities are saturated with under achievers already.
I assumed (and I think I am right in saying) that the "PP" the OP mentions is a "Pass Pass" grade for an A level course, and if that will be able to get them into the course they want.

Pass Pass is not A-level. It is BTEC
Original post by Callicious

And I like your profile pic!! Bloody hilarious lol
Original post by Spratty
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it is how I really feel. If you get a grade that is on part with getting two E's at A-level, then you shouldn't go to university as you are not competent enough. Universities are saturated with under achievers already.

Hurt my feelings? ....err... yeah. Right. No you didnt hurt my feelings. Im confused as to why you thought that. Maybe you're projecting.

That's great to know your opinion. And what better place to air your S****y opinions than on a thread where someone is worried for their future. Well done mate, you have shown yourself to be a great person and totally not an a****le.

Original post by Spratty
Pass Pass is not A-level. It is BTEC

I appreciate that you want to be right, but I dont think it really matters or changes anything I've advised the OP to do. Thanks for your input.
no what would be the point of this website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending