The Student Room Group

Could i do a levels

Basically i've found my gcses so far pretty good, except maths. However to do a level biology i need a c in maths but i don't think i could get a grade 5. Although
i could get a grade 4. Could i still do a levels with a grade 4 which is a low C?
Stop worrying I'm sure the teachers will let you, I thought I got a D in maths when I took my gcse's but got an A. So stop worrying cuz you might have done really well :biggrin:
Original post by zahraaa7
Basically i've found my gcses so far pretty good, except maths. However to do a level biology i need a c in maths but i don't think i could get a grade 5. Although
i could get a grade 4. Could i still do a levels with a grade 4 which is a low C?

I wouldnt worry too much for now. You may end up doing better than you think in your gcse's.
If you get a low C like you think you will then its still a C.
If the worst comes to the worst, speak to the teachers on results day and see what they say.
It depends on how far you are from those exams. Like when I was in year 9 I would get constant C's and that was it. By the end of year 10, I got my first B grade in maths. It is all about practice and doing past papers. (Though to be honest I did not revise for maths in the slightest, but I sort of did at the same time. This is because my teacher was very strict and expected so much and put us through some hard questions and deadlines for homework.) I got good at maths because I sat next to someone who really needed help and by helping them I got really good at maths. (explaining how to do things to other people makes you remember it better, I feel.) I got an A* at the end of my GCSE'S for maths. So this probably won't help.

But I did get a B in English Language. Now I hated it so much and before I used to get D's and E's for English. But through a lot of effort and practice I achieved a B. I always thought the poetry was going to be hardest but it turns out I got nearly full marks for it. Just going to say revise and prepare and try to get used to some of the types of maths questions that come up.

So overall, I would revise, do past papers, maybe teach someone something about maths that you understand a bit so that you can understand it more. GOOD LUCK! :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks guys ... i'm just really nervous.

Quick Reply

Latest