"The People want us to get on with Brexit": Do they? Watch

Poll: Was Brexit a big part of your voting?
Yes (13)
54.17%
No (11)
45.83%
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ezisola)
But Brexit was by far the single biggest issue to Conservatives campaigned on, and they get the highest number of votes and seats. So it could well be argued that people were voting on brexit as a priority.
Do you think people really voted for Anna Soubry because they regarded Brexit as a priority?
pereira325
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mojojojo101)
Firstly, not wanting a hard Brexit =/= wanting to stay in the EU. Yet again you are ignoring the obvious nuance to peddle your own flawed agenda.

As I said in my first post, Ken Clark disproves your idiotic point. He's a Tory MP, a former Tory Chancellor in fact and also a well known supporter of staying in the EU. He voted against triggering Article 50. The idea that He would vote for the Labour party is laughable. He also retained his parliamentary seat with over half the vote, why would he have won that seat when his views on Brexit are totally antagonistic to the ones you have imposed on all Conservative voters.
A soft brexit is pretty much a waste of time and we may aswell just stay in the EU. Why would Ken Clarke, a Tory MP, not vote for the Tories. Lmao. It's laughable you'd suggest that! Perhaps he retained his seats for many other reasons why people vote for their incumbent MP?
P.S "BIG PART OF VOTING" does not mean full part.
Muh, feeding a troll :P
beckysoya
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,
I am currently researching for my dissertation project and the aim is to explore if Brexit will have an effect on EU students finding employment in the UK.
This survey is for non-UK EU national students that are studying at a British university.

I would really appreciate if anyone could dedicate a bit of time to fill out my survey (approximately take 5 minutes)

LINK: https://qmul.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/bre...and-employment

Thank you!
Excercise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Farm_Ecology)
I've seen this line that the people just want the politicians to get on with Brexit, but I question this.

Throughout this election I've seen political commentators predict how the election will go, as well as talk about what people are looking for. A big focus of this campaign has been Brexit and the negotiations, which is where the line "the Voters just want us to get on with Brexit" comes from. But many people I know don't actually care that much abut the Brexit negotiations, and instead voted on a whole series of other issues.

So what I want to know is whether political commentators are as out of touch with why people voted as I think they are.
I want Brexit, though did not vote in the referendum. If there is a second referendum, I will be voting out.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Farm_Ecology)
So what I want to know is whether political commentators are as out of touch with why people voted as I think they are.
Its the economy stupid. Brexit was way down the priority list before the Torys bought it to the fore. Brexit will screw over the economy and nothing scares politicians more than a failing economy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (359)
59.24%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.45%
No- I want it (171)
28.22%
No- I don't want it (43)
7.1%

Watched Threads