The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

St. George's Physician Associate Program 2017 Entry

Hey everyone, I couldn't find a thread for this years entry so I though I'd make one. I already have an offer and thought I'd make this for those of us who had questions regarding the finance and stuff we need to submit etc

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spazna
Hey everyone, I couldn't find a thread for this years entry so I though I'd make one. I already have an offer and thought I'd make this for those of us who had questions regarding the finance and stuff we need to submit etc

Hey! Congrats on your offer - I got my offer last Friday :smile: I was wondering have you managed to download an acceptance slip from the admissions portal? I can't seem to find it anywhere
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Reply 2
Original post by JGabriella
Hey! Congrats on your offer - I got my offer last Friday :smile: I was wondering have you managed to download an acceptance slip from the admissions portal? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Congratulations!! I got mine on Friday too, when did you have your interview? I wonder if we've crossed path already hahah
Nope neither can I to be honest, I only saw the 'Respond to offer' button which was found at the bottom and confirmed my offer that way :/
I was planning on calling them tomorrow to ask as I was also unsure whether I should submit all the documents they're asking for again as I've already provided those at the interview.

Did you manage to find the occupational health form? I couldn't find that either..
Reply 3
Congrats! I got my offer on Friday as well. I can't find any of the forms either! I thought I was the only one that couldn't fine them. There are no links on the admissions portal to any of the forms, mentioned in the email.
Hey everyone and congratulations on the offers!! I got an offer too, I think they are going to email us the occupational forms at a later date but I'm not entirely sure.
Original post by spazna
Congratulations!! I got mine on Friday too, when did you have your interview? I wonder if we've crossed path already hahah
Nope neither can I to be honest, I only saw the 'Respond to offer' button which was found at the bottom and confirmed my offer that way :/
I was planning on calling them tomorrow to ask as I was also unsure whether I should submit all the documents they're asking for again as I've already provided those at the interview.

Did you manage to find the occupational health form? I couldn't find that either..

I had my interview way back in March (I think it was the 30th) so it's been a horribly long wait haha!!
Yeah I firmly accepted my offer using the 'respond to offer' button on the portal too so maybe that's what they mean with regards to the acceptance slip. I have sent them an email just to clarify everything but I'm yet to get a response. I'm really glad I'm not the only one though who can't find anything :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by rbegum17
Congrats! I got my offer on Friday as well. I can't find any of the forms either! I thought I was the only one that couldn't fine them. There are no links on the admissions portal to any of the forms, mentioned in the email.

Original post by seraho1991
Hey everyone and congratulations on the offers!! I got an offer too, I think they are going to email us the occupational forms at a later date but I'm not entirely sure.

I had my interview way back in March (I think it was the 30th) so it's been a horribly long wait haha!!
Yeah I firmly accepted my offer using the 'respond to offer' button on the portal too so maybe that's what they mean with regards to the acceptance slip. I have sent them an email just to clarify everything but I'm yet to get a response. I'm really glad I'm not the only one though who can't find anything :smile:

Hi everyone,

I've just called admissions and the guy said that the 'respond to offer' button is what they mean by acceptance slip. You just need to click on that and confirm your offer. In regards to the occupational health form, he said that that will get emailed to us later on along with the DBS information.
PLEASE HELP ME GET IN!

Hi guys, I have my interview in a week, I applied for the part time course! Do you guys have any tips? I desperately want to get into St Georges!
Reply 8
Does anyone know what we need to upload in terms of academic qualifications? I don't receive my original certificate until the 26th July, do I send it by mail or do I scan and upload it? Can I provide my transcript instead until then?
Hi everyone, I only applied in May, and I have my interview next week. Do you have any pointers for the interview? I REAAAALLLLLYYYY want to get into Georges. I am hoping to start Part-time in September
Hi got my offer sent to the wrong email couple weeks ago. I just accepted😁 congratulations to all other offer holders. How many applicant was there this year?
Original post by nerdymaryke
Hi everyone, I only applied in May, and I have my interview next week. Do you have any pointers for the interview? I REAAAALLLLLYYYY want to get into Georges. I am hoping to start Part-time in September

Hey nerdymaryke there's group on Facebook called 'physician associate applicants'. Someone posted really helpful tips.
Reply 12
Original post by nerdymaryke

As the person above said, the facebook group has really helpful tips. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PhysicianAssociateUK/
I think the only advice I can give is read through all instructions very thoroughly and think about what qualities they're looking for and how you would put that across to them. They're not really testing for your medical knowledge and things like that but more on what type of applicant you are and how you deal with things. Best of luck with the interview!
Reply 13
Original post by Menar22
Does anyone know what we need to upload in terms of academic qualifications? I don't receive my original certificate until the 26th July, do I send it by mail or do I scan and upload it? Can I provide my transcript instead until then?

I think scanning it and emailing it to them should do the job. I've already graduated and all they asked me for was a scan of my certificate so I assume it would be the same for you. I think the deadline for you to send your qualifications in is the 31st of July so you have time :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by KdotKid94
Hi got my offer sent to the wrong email couple weeks ago. I just accepted😁 congratulations to all other offer holders. How many applicant was there this year?

Congratulations!! I heard there were about 420 applicants this year :/

Hey everyone, this is random but I am going to St Georges in september for midwifery (maybe i shall see some of you there :smile: ) but genuinely I just saw this thread and was interested in what a phssician associate is?? I did a quick search and it said something about it being a new role within the NHS but out of personal interest can anyone properly explain? For example will I be working with any of you guys as a midwife? Also well done for getting offers :biggrin:
Hi guys in the email we received there was an acceptance slip attached. Do we fill this in and email it back or do we actually have to post it. Thanks!!
Reply 17
Hi guys in the email we received there was an acceptance slip attached. Do we fill this in and email it back or do we actually have to post it. Thanks!!

If you're talking about the document titled 'PA Acceptance Form', emailing them should do the job.
I just printed, signed and scanned it back to them and they acknowledged it without any problems.
Original post by spazna
If you're talking about the document titled 'PA Acceptance Form', emailing them should do the job.
I just printed, signed and scanned it back to them and they acknowledged it without any problems.
that's the one thank you!! There's so much admin to do 😂. Have you sorted all your forms and everything out?
Reply 19
that's the one thank you!! There's so much admin to do 😂. Have you sorted all your forms and everything out?

I know, I've lost count of the number of documents we've had to deal with lool
I've sorted my DBS I'm still trying to sort my Occupational Health form, my GP surgery is basically ridiculous and keep cancelling my appointment so now I have to wait till the 10th to see my GP and sign my form.

What about you? Have you managed to get your vaccinations sorted as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending