Cut finger at work today, exam tomorrow.... Please Help

Watch
geographyuk123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
This may sound very very petty but I was doing some prep work this morning at my p/t job and accidentally sliced my middle finger.
This occurred at 10am and still has not stopped bleeding, I've cleaned it and put steristrip & plaster on it but the blood is still seeping through and it's stinging like hell.
It's quite deep and probably goes about 1/3 of the way in on my right hand, my writing hand.
I'm indoors now and really struggling to write anything for revision, if it's the same tomorrow, is there anything I can do re the exam at 9am ?
This sounds like a dumb post I know...
Thanks.
To give some context on how much it's still bleeding, I've had to stop and clean my keyboard 4 times while typing this post.
geographyuk123
Rep:
?
There's no chance of getting "special considerations" for a cut finger is there ?
May sound like an over-exaggeration but idk what to do and it's really stinging.
I feel they'll just laugh at me if asked anyway lol
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lee1999wright)
There's no chance of getting "special considerations" for a cut finger is there ?
May sound like an over-exaggeration but idk what to do and it's really stinging.
I'm afraid you d have to be unable to write to get anything, has the bleeding stopped?
geographyuk123
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
I'm afraid you d have to be unable to write to get anything, has the bleeding stopped?
Nope
jessjanellbhons1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go to a doctor if you want to have any chance of special consideration at all, and get a note.
lulno
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just take some paracetamol if it hurts that much.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope
give nhs direct a call
geographyuk123
Rep:
?
(Original post by jessjanellbhons1)
Go to a doctor if you want to have any chance of special consideration at all, and get a note.
Don't really want to see a doctor over a cut finger and the chances of me getting an appointment are 0 before 9am unless if I'm really unwell.
ToryNHS...
geographyuk123
Rep:
?
(Original post by lulno)
Just take some paracetamol if it hurts that much.
I have
iSpySamer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Find out if they will allow you to type using computer
jessjanellbhons1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't really want to see a doctor over a cut finger and the chances of me getting an appointment are 0 before 9am unless if I'm really unwell.
ToryNHS...
I'm afraid you are likely to be unable to get special consideration then.

See this link for more info on what to do if the cut is serious: https://learningenglish.voanews.com/...19/115136.html
Ash8991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go to A&E if the bleeding hasn't stopped. I'm surprise your workplace didn't call an ambulance for you, deep cuts are pretty bad
Rachel58
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Special considerations are applied for after all your exams. If you get a note before the end of your exams to prove your finger was cut, it will be considered - you don't need a note now. Just tell the Exams Officer.
geographyuk123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ash8991)
Go to A&E if the bleeding hasn't stopped. I'm surprise your workplace didn't call an ambulance for you, deep cuts are pretty bad
It's a complete waste of NHS time and money to be dealing with a cut finger in A&E, unless if it's basically hanging off.
I think I'll give my doctors a call in the morning just to see if I can get a note.
Thanks anyway
geographyuk123
Rep:
?
(Original post by iSpySamer)
Find out if they will allow you to type using computer
I can ask I guess, but don't you think a cut finger may be a reason they'll almost just laugh at rather than actually consider providing a computer ?
Thanks
iSpySamer
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why don't you just type the exam using computer
Rachel58
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can ask I guess, but don't you think a cut finger may be a reason they'll almost just laugh at rather than actually consider providing a computer ?
Thanks
They won't get you a computer. It has to be your normal way of working within school. It's too late to prove it's your normal way of working so you won't get one.

I tore a ligament in my wrist during study leave and they can't provide me with a computer, so I doubt a cut finger would be different.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ToryNHS...
A walk in centre would easily be able to do stitches for you, if it gets infected then it will end up costing the nhs more:P
FaZe Clan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Call the doctor now for a note. And maybe pick it up in the morning ....
Rooster11366
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's a complete waste of NHS time and money to be dealing with a cut finger in A&E, unless if it's basically hanging off.
I think I'll give my doctors a call in the morning just to see if I can get a note.
Thanks anyway
Is it still bleeding if so how long has it been bleeding for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (675)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (856)
42.63%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (386)
19.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.53%

Watched Threads