WolfzWay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What can I talk about other than the comparison of the two texts?
WolfzWay
Rep:
?
Like for example tone, certain words or phrases but what else?
seedialss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A quick acronym which I always refer to in my paper two is AFOREST:

Alliteration.
Facts.
Opinion.
Repetitive/rhetorical questions.
Emotive language.
Shock tactics.
Triples.

When doing a comparative answer you can generally use all of these things to write about and compare as all writers use these techniques so you can be sure most of them will be in the pieces you're given.

Hope this helps You can always ask me more questions if you need help, I'd be happy to! good luck with your exam x
WolfzWay
Rep:
?
(Original post by seedialss)

Alliteration.
Facts.
Opinion.
Emotive language.
Shock tactics.
Triples.

When doing a comparative answer you can generally use all of these things to write about and compare as all writers use these techniques so you can be sure most of them will be in the pieces you're given.

Hope this helps You can always ask me more questions if you need help, I'd be happy to! good luck with your exam x
Thank you so much do this appreciate it and will do thank you
WolfzWay
Rep:
?
for*
Ahussa1999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WolfzWay)
What can I talk about other than the comparison of the two texts?
Okay hi ppl remeber to use the word perhaps, I found Mr BRUFF guied on youtube is really helpfull I advice evreyone for tomorrows test to go over ALL of them 1 to 5 .GOOD LUCK TO EVREYONE WHOS READING THIS .
randomperson11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by seedialss)

Alliteration.
Facts.
Opinion.
Emotive language.
Shock tactics.
Triples.

Hey, I'm not sure, but wouldn't this be counted as language analysis which would be A02 though? Question 2 in the language paper only asks you to compare extracts (and quotes) and infer the meaning, which is A01. I don't think you'd get marks from talking about things such as alliteration, as this would be A02.
Ea819
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by randomperson11)
Hey, I'm not sure, but wouldn't this be counted as language analysis which would be A02 though? Question 2 in the language paper only asks you to compare extracts (and quotes) and infer the meaning, which is A01. I don't think you'd get marks from talking about things such as alliteration, as this would be A02.
I agree and examiners in the past have said that many people make that mistake every year
seedialss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by randomperson11)
Yes of course!, that's why I said it was good for comparitive, however, I also said about how all of these things will be featured in a text and you can pick and choose what you use from the list, therefore for question two things like fact and opinion can be used, whereas the rest can be picked for any question. Sorry for any confusion!
Student321654
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You shouldn't talk about language features because you won't gain any marks for them. Maybe research past examples of the question and analyse the things the person has commented on. The AFOREST is a good acronym as it list persuasive techniques but don't use it for this question. You should write about similar themes or points the writer coveys and quite the lines that show this but don’t comment on how. Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads