ENGB3 2017 RESIT -14 June 2017 Watch

Johnsmith345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey all,

I haven't seen a thread for this exam yet or anything on tsr so far!

I can't be the only person resitting this exam??
lewisharmes1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me too, couldn't find any other threads so I've just been looking through old ones from prior exams
Johnsmith345
Rep:
?
I haven't been taught anything for this exam since last year as nowhere does it anymore - I haven't even written an essay since last years exam

I think I've learnt about 3/4 of the content but it's the application that I'm struggling with
zainab38
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Johnsmith345)
I haven't been taught anything for this exam since last year as nowhere does it anymore - I haven't even written an essay since last years exam

I think I've learnt about 3/4 of the content but it's the application that I'm struggling with
Hi,
I'm re-doing this exam as well this Wednesday, is it language acquisition and change you're doing?
Johnsmith345
Rep:
?
(Original post by zainab38)
Hi,
I'm re-doing this exam as well this Wednesday, is it language acquisition and change you're doing?
Yep! In the same position as I was last year
zainab38
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you revising everything for it as there is no possible predictions for the questions, could possibly get a transcript between children or caregiver and child for acquisition, so It would be good to learn the main theorists including CDS, for language change possibly just learn how language has changed over time and reasons for the change eg, blurring of words ect,Actually dreading the exam :/
Johnsmith345
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm basically trying to learn everything except child acquisition of writing

Hoping there will be a transcript that doesn't include reading/writing but who knows

I wonder how many people are doing this paper and if it will effect grade boundaries
zainab38
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hopefully they give good texts for both acquisition and change, it is the last time to do this exam again as well!
Johnsmith345
Rep:
?
I haven't even been in school the past year - BC this is a resit and the spec is being phased out so nowhere is teaching it anymore

Just on my own with no marked essays so just hoping for the best! Hope the texts are really easy x

Wb everyone else?
lewisharmes1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I bought the AQA a2 English book and just copied everything out of it as my notes and banged out a few mocks from the back, but I've only done child speech not reading/writing, that way I know 100% which question I'm doing and can focus on it fully. Lang change is easy all you do is think of everything possible regarding the date of publication
Johnsmith345
Rep:
?
Just feel so helpless with this - I need to try doing some mocks but I also have psychology tomorrow so 😢😢

I find the most problems with indentifying things in the text and making a coherent line of argument - I can learn the theory it's the application that's the problem
lewisharmes1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Johnsmith345)
Just feel so helpless with this - I need to try doing some mocks but I also have psychology tomorrow so 😢😢

I find the most problems with indentifying things in the text and making a coherent line of argument - I can learn the theory it's the application that's the problem

Yeah I find it easy identifying things that look out of the ordinary like incomplete sentences, bad spelling ect but I forget to pick up on the stuff they've done correct! That's where I need to get the different stages of development and theories in
Tsrsarahhhh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im resitting tomorrow too! Feeling quite underprepared but im sure im going to get a better grade that last year. Im doing child language acquisition and langugage change. The things im most nervous about is writing everything down in time and picking out actual language features, everything to do w theories and context im fine with its just Ao1 i seem to loose the most marks :'(
Johnsmith345
Rep:
?
I have so much to do

Main thing is weaving in theories and stuff and context which I find hard and making sure it actually makes sense

My a01 is a mess and language change - I'm worried I won't be able to pick out any features at all
Johnsmith345
Rep:
?
Well I effed that up lol! On to the next one!😢
Johnsmith345
Rep:
?
Well I effed that up lol! On to the next one!😢
Tsrsarahhhh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Ahhhh i ran out of time!! Hopefully i did better than last year tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Material Futures Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Feb '19
  • University of Brighton
    Health and clinical practice + health professions + hospitality, tourism and events + journalism + sport and exercise Postgraduate
    Tue, 26 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (94)
14.85%
Yes - a food allergy (67)
10.58%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (16)
2.53%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (16)
2.53%
No (440)
69.51%

Watched Threads