Access to HE Paramedic studies Watch

Tm148
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I applied for an access to HE Paramedic studies course and I was wondering if anyone had done it before, if you have what things did were on the syllabus and how manageable was the work load?
Thanks in advance😊
_homesick__
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tm148)
I applied for an access to HE Paramedic studies course and I was wondering if anyone had done it before, if you have what things did were on the syllabus and how manageable was the work load?
Thanks in advance😊
I think all access courses vary even if they are access to paramedic etc.

I did access to nursing (in view of becoming a paramedic) and it was 80% biology based. So get reading up on cardiac and respiratory system, genetics, biochemistry, digestive system, muscle and skeletal system, regulation and control, reproduction and infectious diseases.

We also did a psychology unit and also a sociology unit, altho I believe some courses don't do these and instead do more biology. We also had to do a health promotion unit, and I'm sure all health care access courses do this, where you look at the promotion of healthy living etc and charities that promote it.

I did the course from September and we've just finished, I found working full time it was too much, but it depends how well you cope. I reduced to 30 hours a week and was at college 2 days a week and found this manageable. Just make sure you keep on track with assignments and don't leave them to last minute because it is veryyyyyy easy to fall behind, as many did in my class!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (53)
8.72%
I used to but I don't now (16)
2.63%
No, but I want to start (222)
36.51%
No, I am unable to (141)
23.19%
No, I chose not to (176)
28.95%