Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
before my A2 biology exam tomorrow

ive been cramming bio + chem for like 4 days now
biology on mond
chem on tues

how much do i REALLy nEED TO SLEEP? id rather know the content but i dont want to be brain dead or feel laggy.

is 5 hours enough? or should i push for 6?
Guapo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by medhelp)

biology on mond
chem on tues

how much do i REALLy nEED TO SLEEP? id rather know the content but i dont want to be brain dead or feel laggy.

I get about 3/4 hrs of sleep
medhelp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Guapo)
I get about 3/4 hrs of sleep
on the daily?
Toasticide
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
6 definitely. i try and do 6 and a half but that is just me

it's the worst cause i have to wake at 6:25AM and im like "sleep from 10PM, you'll get like 8 hours" then im still awake at 12 hating my life :P
Guapo
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
on the daily?
These past few weeks yeh, I feel fine tho. I heard some people get sleep deprived and do sh*t in exams so I wouldn't do it of ur one of those ppl.
medhelp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Guapo)
These past few weeks yeh, I feel fine tho. I heard some people get sleep deprived and do sh*t in exams so I wouldn't do it of ur one of those ppl.
Ive done exams with no sleep before and i end up making stupid mistakes *But* its less of a loss than if i didnt knowing the content ygm

y do i do this to myself and leave things so late.
SonoLuma
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

biology on mond
chem on tues

Push for more than six if you can. Even if you dont feel it, the less sleep you get the less awesome your brain will be. And then your revision will be half wasted.
medhelp
Rep:
?
(Original post by SonoLuma)
Push for more than six if you can. Even if you dont feel it, the less sleep you get the less awesome your brain will be. And then your revision will be half wasted.
how much ? 7?
if i get 7 hours of sleep i will only have 9 hours of revision time left : /

ur right my brain will be more awesomer i need a balance between awesome speed and content.

what is the av time i should be sleeping normally? ill take 1 or 2 hours off that
Gerry-Atricks
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sleep. if you dont know it now, you wont know it
SonoLuma
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how much ? 7?

ur right my brain will be more awesomer i need a balance between awesome speed and content.

what is the av time i should be sleeping normally? ill take 1 or 2 hours off that
It depends on the individual. Some can deal with 9 hours, others can deal with 7 just as easily. Margaret thatcher famously survived on 5 hours sleep a night for years.

I would suggest that you aim for at least six hours. When you do revise, note down the salient points on flash cards with a five minute break every 20 minutes. then about 30 to 40 minutes before the exam, you can flip through the flash cards you quickly wrote to further burn it into your brain.

Good luck.
tres1732
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
4 is fine.
saffarinda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Try and sleep early-ish then wake up early. That way you can still get the sleep, but also have the time to cram the content in. Plus, revising in the early morning tends to be easier, purely because no one is up and moving to distract you!
geographyuk123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Exam season : 5 hours
Normal term time : 7 hours
Weekend(regardless of exam season) : 12 hours easily

Probably not the healthiest schedule so I would not suggest it, but I feel fine and can still run 5 miles every morning which helps me wake up.
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how much ? 7?

How badly do you need those 9 hours, you should know nearly all the content by now and you wont learn it in a day
Goldsane
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by glad-he-ate-her)
Sleep. if you dont know it now, you wont know it
False, I crammed psychology paper 1 exam in the morning (I knew all the theories /eval before hand though i couldn't remember evaluation studies) When I crammed in the morning during the exam I could remember a lot more. Cramming works, but you have to be mentally prepared to cram so much in to remember it.
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Goldsane)
False, I crammed psychology paper 1 exam in the morning (I knew all the theories /eval before hand though i couldn't remember evaluation studies) When I crammed in the morning during the exam I could remember a lot more. Cramming works, but you have to be mentally prepared to cram so much in to remember it.
Cramming works for recall subjects, biology is no longer a recall subject (nor is chem), they want you to understand and apply several different concepts to unfamiliar situations and even if you know the content if you dont understand it you wont do well.
medhelp
Rep:
?
How badly do you need those 9 hours, you should know nearly all the content by now and you wont learn it in a day
lol i dont know all the content im gonna freaking die

im still tryna understand krebs cycle lol help

i need those 9 days and whatever i spend time doing now i will remember, doing as much as i can is the best - ill do those 9 hours ill try not to go over so i can get 7 hours sleep
medhelp
Rep:
?
(Original post by Goldsane)
i thought i was mentally prepared for the cram - i am absorbing like a sponge
but i keep breaking down emotionally in the middle of revision lmao
whatever gotta keep at it ,right
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol i dont know all the content im gonna freaking die

im still tryna understand krebs cycle lol help

i need those 9 days and whatever i spend time doing now i will remember, doing as much as i can is the best - ill do those 9 hours ill try not to go over so i can get 7 hours sleep
Lmao isnt your exam tomorrow, you dont have 9 days, also krebs cycle is not difficult, just break it down into mini steps
medhelp
Rep:
?
Lmao isnt your exam tomorrow, you dont have 9 days, also krebs cycle is not difficult, just break it down into mini steps
i meant 9 hours lolol
if i had 9 days fam i would be at least breathing in between revision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (252)
34.01%
No (489)
65.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed