The Student Room Group

History Germany 1918-1945

Is the Edexcel spec for gcse history Germany 1918-1945 the same as the OCR spec? I found a good video on it but its OCR spec and im doing Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gegem8
Is the Edexcel spec for gcse history Germany 1918-1945 the same as the OCR spec? I found a good video on it but its OCR spec and im doing Edexcel

Have you got a link? I'm also doing Edexcel but it might have some relevance.
Reply 2
Original post by the_nshoesmith
Have you got a link? I'm also doing Edexcel but it might have some relevance.

i have a link and i sent it in a reply but my message is taking a long time to be moderated but the video should be the first one that comes up when you type in "germany gcse 918-1945" o youtube and the username is Dani's Revision Channel
Reply 3
ahh kinda scared because i havent started revising for it properly yet...
Original post by gegem8
ahh kinda scared because i havent started revising for it properly yet...

I'm so scared for Germany, especially since I have two exams in the morning! I've found it useful to read the textbook over and over again.
Reply 5
Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots
I'm so scared for Germany, especially since I have two exams in the morning! I've found it useful to read the textbook over and over again.

Aha, same. I have chemistry ahhh :frown: Except I don't have any textbooks for history at all so I'm just relying on the internet haha theres not been much luck.
Original post by gegem8
Aha, same. I have chemistry ahhh :frown: Except I don't have any textbooks for history at all so I'm just relying on the internet haha theres not been much luck.

I found this which may be useful.
Original post by gegem8

Try and borrow one from your teacher? Surely you can borrow one for a couple of days, if not just google 'Nazi Germany GCSE revision guide'.
Reply 8
I found this which may be useful.

Thank you!!! Seems very helpful! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by EdexcelAreIdiots
Try and borrow one from your teacher? Surely you can borrow one for a couple of days, if not just google 'Nazi Germany GCSE revision guide'.

I guess I could, I forgot about even considering asking a teacher. Thank you and good luck!
Original post by gegem8
I guess I could, I forgot about even considering asking a teacher. Thank you and good luck!

You too!
Original post by gegem8
Thank you!!! Seems very helpful! :smile:

No problem. :smile:

I don't know about you, but the only way I can seem to revise history effectively is by rewriting everything. I have so far re-written about half the course content for the Germany paper. I spent the majority of half term re-writing 48 years of international relations history and it seemed to pay off in the exam. Also went over question technique and the odd practise question.

How do you revise History best?
Reply 12
No problem. :smile:

I don't know about you, but the only way I can seem to revise history effectively is by rewriting everything. I have so far re-written about half the course content for the Germany paper. I spent the majority of half term re-writing 48 years of international relations history and it seemed to pay off in the exam. Also went over question technique and the odd practise question.

How do you revise History best?

I pretty much do the same. Its a bit tedious but that's all I've ever done and seems to work for me. English Language is the only subject that I'm afraid about getting below my target grade because I can't revise for it! Re-writing in shorter and simpler sentences whilst explaining in speech about what you are writing at the same time can be useful as you know you can still develop your point without writing it all down. I know it can be distracting sometimes and you're usually advised not to, I listen to catchy music (only on low volume though). I feel like it stimulates my brain a bit more if I'm feeling lazy, well that's my excuse :tongue:
Original post by gegem8
I pretty much do the same. Its a bit tedious but that's all I've ever done and seems to work for me. English Language is the only subject that I'm afraid about getting below my target grade because I can't revise for it! Re-writing in shorter and simpler sentences whilst explaining in speech about what you are writing at the same time can be useful as you know you can still develop your point without writing it all down. I know it can be distracting sometimes and you're usually advised not to, I listen to catchy music (only on low volume though). I feel like it stimulates my brain a bit more if I'm feeling lazy, well that's my excuse :tongue:

I also usually work with some background noise. It's tedious yes, but less so for the Germany paper as I find it more interesting personally and because it is a shorter time period.
Reply 14
I also usually work with some background noise. It's tedious yes, but less so for the Germany paper as I find it more interesting personally and because it is a shorter time period.

That's very true, I've done my Crime and Punishment History paper which had a HUGE time period to learn, 50AD till nowadays. It was fine though because the questions were fairly easy.

How did you find the first paper? I know grade boundaries are particularly high for the first out of the three papers.
Original post by gegem8
That's very true, I've done my Crime and Punishment History paper which had a HUGE time period to learn, 50AD till nowadays. It was fine though because the questions were fairly easy.

How did you find the first paper? I know grade boundaries are particularly high for the first out of the three papers.

Did you have the Cold War paper first?
I think it went well, how about you?
Reply 16
Did you have the Cold War paper first?
I think it went well, how about you?

I had Crime and Punishment. I'm surprised at the amount of people who did the Cold War and the lack of people who took C&P! It seemed to go well, wish I hadn't crammed so much the night before though :/
Original post by gegem8
I had Crime and Punishment. I'm surprised at the amount of people who did the Cold War and the lack of people who took C&P! It seemed to go well, wish I hadn't crammed so much the night before though :/

I didn't even know it was an option!

I have the Cold War paper, Germany, British Society and had the Representations of History Vietnam Coursework
Reply 18
I didn't even know it was an option!

I have the Cold War paper, Germany, British Society and had the Representations of History Vietnam Coursework

Ah! For my last paper I have protests and I also had Vietnam War Coursework. I've seen many people have the same papers as you. I think my school has a bit of a tendency to pick unpopular options being the hipster it is :tongue:

I don't know about you but the coursework seemed hard to be able to get an A! Unless my teacher marked harshly (which I think she did), I've gotten A*'s in all other coursework so it was a bit of a bummer but oh well. How did you find it?
Original post by gegem8
Ah! For my last paper I have protests and I also had Vietnam War Coursework. I've seen many people have the same papers as you. I think my school has a bit of a tendency to pick unpopular options being the hipster it is :tongue:

I don't know about you but the coursework seemed hard to be able to get an A! Unless my teacher marked harshly (which I think she did), I've gotten A*'s in all other coursework so it was a bit of a bummer but oh well. How did you find it?

I personally got 1 mark into an A* (93 UMS) - but was the only one in my class to get this. Hoping for an A overall so gonna need that A* to bump the exam grades up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending