The Student Room Group

Huge Anti - Muslim protests happening across America

Scroll to see replies

Original post by markova21
I heard that an awful lot of mosques in the UK are funded by Saudi Wahabbism, where they insert their own Imams with this very narrow conservative view of Islam and preach it to impressionable young men, who might already feel like they don't fit in with this country. Doesn't help of course that Theresa May has recently sold about a billion pounds worth of weapons to the Saudis. Why is the UK even allies with this country?

No only a minority of mosques are funded by Saudi wahabism...and these mosques are sell outs similar to the saudi goverment itself ... but from my personal experience there's no real mosques I know off in my area that do this but in my opinion saudi probably target big cities such as London and Manchester as seen recently for more exposure... and exactly what I was saying Saudi and America destroy middle eastern countries..the people take refuge in the UK which i personally believe is a beautiful place as a muslim... then when they arrive in the UK theyll feel like they don't fit in especially the youngers due to many reasons even bullying...and get influence by these retarded extremist preachers who 100% are scared of dying themselves...so influence teens instead cause they see them as expendable...honestly it's sickening and saudi need to be punished.... even Theresa May... secretary of defence my ass ...more like lets cut funding to police so we can buy weapons for Saudi

Honestly, when a higher up such as JFK was going to make change...there's always some **** that happens... Even recently I was so hopeful corbyn would win so he could stop the ties with america and saudi ....but blair the warmonger had to stain labours rep
Original post by No Filters
I mean you can clearly see where I just said that I do not support the guy

No I can't. You said you have to support him because that is who the Republican party chose. You don't 'have' to support anyone you don't want to because you're not living in North Korea. If you're supporting a politician in a democracy it is because on some level you agree with their policies. :rolleyes:

Nowt like a good protest/counterprotest in a healthy democracy. :smile:

(credit to Reuters for the picture)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by OGGUS
ISIS is the problem not Muslims :colonhash:
Muslims aren't terrorists.
If you kill one person it's like you've killed all of humanity. Depends on scenerio don't attack me.
Also there's 99 commandments in Islam so yeah. Hope this makes much more sense :h:
Americans aren't the cleverest people in the world :colonhash:
Like they got Trump elected on average they're ignorant dîçks who seem to believe what they are told:colonhash:

Interesting how you have attacked all Americans with the same generalising statements that you defend Muslims against. Do you believe that the actions of a minority are reflective of the whole? In which case you believe all Muslims are probably potential terrorists, and all Americans are probably stupider than average.

Or look at your own bias.
Original post by The Great Game
''heh everything is complex, you can't just give simple answers''

Okay. Let's put it this way. Is the military objectives being achieved in Iraq still a success when the aftermath is the rise of ISIS and global terrorism, with hundreds of people being victims of terror attacks as well as mass scales of Syrian refugees flocking to Europe as a result of terrorism spreading into their country as well? Thinking the Iraq War is a success is just as bad as thinking the Vietnam War was a success.
Original post by JesRules
Huge anti - Muslim protests are happening across America. Looks like America is rejecting Islam?

Correction: Some Americans are rejecting Islam.
They are most likely the people who support Trump, believe everything the media shows them, ethnophobic, and are generally just obnoxious. I wouldn't be too worried. :smile:
Original post by constantine2016
Okay. Let's put it this way. Is the military objectives being achieved in Iraq still a success when the aftermath is the rise of ISIS and global terrorism, with hundreds of people being victims of terror attacks as well as mass scales of Syrian refugees flocking to Europe as a result of terrorism spreading into their country as well? Thinking the Iraq War is a success is just as bad as thinking the Vietnam War was a success.

That's like arguing getting a good job isn't a success if you get hit by a car on the way to work.
Reply 87
Original post by ThomH97
Interesting how you have attacked all Americans with the same generalising statements that you defend Muslims against. Do you believe that the actions of a minority are reflective of the whole? In which case you believe all Muslims are probably potential terrorists, and all Americans are probably stupider than average.

Or look at your own bias.

No I'm not saying they're really cute. stupid.
But easily manipulated...
Original post by markova21
Yes, I was thinking it must mainly be about oil. But surely there are lots of other countries in the Middle East we could buy oil from isn't there? I've always sensed they hold us to a ransom because they have something we need and everyone knows it. [ No disrespect to anyone on here from Saudi Arabia,btw. I'm sure the ordinary people are very nice].

Saudi Arabia has the biggest supply of oil and they are much richer than other Middle Eastern countries, putting them in a stronger and more powerful position. I feel sorry for the ordinary people in Saudi Arabia who are not rich Arabs. They are treated like crap. There is a lot of discontent from this population with the Saudi government but they are too scared to start a revolution because any opposition to the government results in execution.
Original post by OGGUS
No I'm not saying they're really cute. stupid.
But easily manipulated...

What, all of them? Based on the actions of a few? And you're generalising the whole US population on that basis because a few have generalised Islam in the same way?
No I can't. You said you have to support him because that is who the Republican party chose. You don't 'have' to support anyone you don't want to because you're not living in North Korea. If you're supporting a politician in a democracy it is because on some level you agree with their policies. :rolleyes:

What I meant by that is that he is the president of my country so and the party I'm registered for, so regardless of whether i like him or his policies, my vote still went to him. I disagree with him on dealing with Saudi arabia, having a travel ban and extreme nationalism but that doesn't mean that he still doesn't represent what i believe in like curbed migration, no federal funding for abominable acts like abortions and high defense spending
Original post by The Great Game
That's like arguing getting a good job isn't a success if you get hit by a car on the way to work.

You can't compare the millions of deaths of American soldiers to jobs and traffic accidents:facepalm:You are just being deliberately trite.
Saudi Arabia has the biggest supply of oil and they are much richer than other Middle Eastern countries, putting them in a stronger and more powerful position. I feel sorry for the ordinary people in Saudi Arabia who are not rich Arabs. They are treated like crap. There is a lot of discontent from this population with the Saudi government but they are too scared to start a revolution because any opposition to the government results in execution.

Technically it's Venezuela that has the largest production of Oil and Saudi Arabia are not richer than Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates, but go on:colone:
Original post by Pretish
regarding Saudi accusing Qatar, this is what I see:
77a.png

Yea but Saudis way worse... Qatar is open about the fact that they let hamas into the country ... and qatar doesn't support ISIS or islamic brotherhood...only hamas cause they think it's a legitimate cause which is wrong....Whereas Saudi will deny it but do the same **** with ISIS behind closed doors...

It's better to see something for what it is than something that pretends to be what it's not

It's all politics... such as when Gadaffi wanted to unify the african currencies...which would have stabilised the economy which America did not like... so Saudi and America just had to kill Gadaffi and now look at libya... Although Gadaffi was bad in some aspects he did give the people of his country a better standard of living than most western countries...he provided newly wed couples with a state house...and ensured there was no one that was homeless... honestly I just think the UK should cut ties with america since we don't even use them for imports or exports...all they do is get us involved in their *****y wars which always has negative repercussion... I really do hope that Trump sorts america out... even though he's kinda racist he's better than hillary clinton who has a fair share of blood on her hands
Original post by Guapo
Ain't that what I just said?

You sed "not many muslims follow sharia law"
By following the law of the land were are obiding to sharia law.
Reply 95
Original post by ThomH97
What, all of them? Based on the actions of a few? And you're generalising the whole US population on that basis because a few have generalised Islam in the same way?

No I'm not stop putting words in my mouth.
They're many decent Americans too.
They are however some which even get exposed on social media every so often.
Some places in America are obviously worse than others. Like firstly America isn't there country to begin with. It's Native American land. Which isn't there fault but still.
Anyways I don't hate Americans.
I just think there are must nicer ways to do things.
Reply 96
Original post by moshoaib
You sed "not many muslims follow sharia law"
By following the law of the land were are obiding to sharia law.

I'm talking bout the majority of it like throwing gay fam off roofs boy
Original post by shezzax
islam is not a threat, islam quite literally means peace.

No, Islam literally means submission. And since when has something's name determined its qualities? If a murderer calls himself peaceful and then proceeds to murder someone, does that mean he is in fact peaceful and not violent?
Its a sect of islam called wahaabism/Salafism. Eradicate that and you'll eradicate 'radical islam'
simplz
You can't compare the millions of deaths of American soldiers to jobs and traffic accidents:facepalm:You are just being deliberately trite.

Less than 100 American soldiers died in the Iraq war.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending