?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
???
Spratty
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, pretty good. Top 30 in the UK IIRC and most degrees are accredited meaning that they are up to a high standard. Also the teaching quality is ranked 2nd in the UK.
maya060911
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, it's a great university. All the lectureres I have dealt with are legally qualified as solicitors or barristers and their knowledge is a motivation in itself. Very good, I therefore personally recommend(:
Princepieman
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VasDev)
???
yeah, very commercially focused university. does pretty well grad prospects wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all,

Below are some useful links which may answer your question

Take a look at our rankings http://www.aston.ac.uk/about/rankings/

Aston 2nd in the UK for Boosting Graduate Earnings http://www.aston.ac.uk/news/releases...uate-earnings/

Aston awarded Gold for Teaching Excellence http://www.aston.ac.uk/news/releases...ng-excellence/

-Emma
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maya060911)
Yes, it's a great university. All the lectureres I have dealt with are legally qualified as solicitors or barristers and their knowledge is a motivation in itself. Very good, I therefore personally recommend(:
Just as an aside, the fact that the lecturers are solicitors/barristers usually does not give them an advantage over pure academics. Often they're inferior to academic lawyers.

Although for practical subjects, such as commercial law, qualified lawyers can be incredibly motivating. I had a commercial professor who drafted $100,000,000 agreements and that really brought quite a dry subject to life. However, his area of was special as it could only really be accessed through his practitioner's experience. For equity, land, constitutional, straight contract, criminal I would prefer an academic.
prostheticzeta
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
brilliant uni and was my top choice for a long time until I visited it and hated where it was. if I went there I would never leave the campus as it is so scummy
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Spratty
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by prostheticzeta)
brilliant uni and was my top choice for a long time until I visited it and hated where it was. if I went there I would never leave the campus as it is so scummy
care to elaborate?
prostheticzeta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Spratty)
care to elaborate?
of course. the campus is lovely and the lecturers for my course were so kind and helpful. however, once I went out, the entire area surrounding the campus felt really rough and dangerous. the streets were really dirty and it was such a contrast from where uni of Brum is. I felt like I wouldn't feel comfortable returning back from a night out by foot, or walk there when it's dark.
Spratty
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
of course. the campus is lovely and the lecturers for my course were so kind and helpful. however, once I went out, the entire area surrounding the campus felt really rough and dangerous. the streets were really dirty and it was such a contrast from where uni of Brum is. I felt like I wouldn't feel comfortable returning back from a night out by foot, or walk there when it's dark.
Ah right. I totally understand what you mean lol. I'm gonna go to Aston in September and I'll be commuting from home, which means that I'll have to go through some of the most deprived areas in Birmingham such as Sparkbrook and Sparkhill, which aren't that nice to be frank
prostheticzeta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Spratty)
Ah right. I totally understand what you mean lol. I'm gonna go to Aston in September and I'll be commuting from home, which means that I'll have to go through some of the most deprived areas in Birmingham such as Sparkbrook and Sparkhill, which aren't that nice to be frank
oh dear. well, I'm not from that area so I don't know where this all is but I hope you find a safe route! or you could always use a bike! that's much quicker and safer than walking!
Spratty
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oh dear. well, I'm not from that area so I don't know where this all is but I hope you find a safe route! or you could always use a bike! that's much quicker and safer than walking!
Thankfully I will be going by bus
Azizul98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've lived and went to college VERY close to Aston University ( 2mins walk from the uni ) and tbh the area isn't bad at all

I'm going to be starting Aston University this September too !
JME1993
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Give it a rest. Nothing wrong with the area - I went to Aston and lived on campus for 3 years.
e49877
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aston University)
Hi all,

Below are some useful links which may answer your question

Take a look at our rankings http://www.aston.ac.uk/about/rankings/

Aston 2nd in the UK for Boosting Graduate Earnings http://www.aston.ac.uk/news/releases...uate-earnings/

Aston awarded Gold for Teaching Excellence http://www.aston.ac.uk/news/releases...ng-excellence/

-Emma
How good is computer science at Aston compared to other universities e.g Surrey, Kings College London, Queen Marys and Leeds? Which rank is Aston at now for Comp Sci? And do you focus on Software modules a lot in the Comp Sci? Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (407)
18.64%
The paper was reasonable (1039)
47.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (485)
22.21%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.58%

Watched Threads