The Student Room Group

Are my grades equivalent to A Levels? Do I need to study A Level?

Hi,

I want to study for a higher maths qualification. I do not want to study for an A level if I already have done enough study equivalent to this. My problem is I did most of my maths study through building studies & construction and the built environment courses. If someone could equate my qualifications to either ALevel/Level 3 (or maybe higher) that would help so much. Here is what I have.

I did a Bridge to HNC course where I completed:
Mathematics I/II - Merit grade
Measurement III - Merit grade

I did an HNC course where I completed:
Applying Numeracy - Level H - Merit grade
Measurement - Value 1.0 - Level H - Merit grade

I also did an IGNVQ where I completed:
Application of number - Level 2

Any info is much appreciated.
(edited 6 years ago)
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

Use this to work out the UCAS points of all your combined grades

A*A*A* at A-Level: 168 UCAS points
AAA at A-Level: 144 UCAS points
BBB at A-Level: 120 UCAS points
CCC at A-Level: 96 UCAS points
DDD at A-Level: 72 UCAS points
Reply 2
Original post by NFIN36
Hi,

I want to study for a higher maths qualification. I do not want to study for an A level if I already have done enough study equivalent to this. My problem is I did most of my maths study through building studies & construction and the built environment courses. If someone could equate my qualifications to either ALevel/Level 3 (or maybe higher) that would help so much. Here is what I have.

I did a Bridge to HNC course where I completed:
Mathematics I/II - Merit grade
Measurement III - Merit grade

I did an HNC course where I completed:
Applying Numeracy - Level H - Merit grade
Measurement - Value 1.0 - Level H - Merit grade

I also did an IGNVQ where I completed:
Application of number - Level 2

Any info is much appreciated.

For mature students, each application is assessed on a case by cases basis. Your suitability will be judged differently by each uni and potentially each course. It won't just be a matter of UCAS points.

I suggest choosing maybe half a dozen degrees you like rhe look of, then emailing the Admissions Office with the details of your current qualifications, and ask whether they would consider your application based on those. We really can't tell you.

Beware that most unis will want proof of recent successful study - usually in the last two or three years. You may be asked to do an Access course if your last study was some time ago.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending