Anti - Muslim protests happening in Manchester

Watch
JesRules
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
metro .co.uk/2017/06/11/mancunians-fight-against-hate-as-edl-march-through-manchester-city-centre-6701947/

People are starting to fight back...
username2052983
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
:facepalm:
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JesRules)
metro .co.uk/2017/06/11/mancunians-fight-against-hate-as-edl-march-through-manchester-city-centre-6701947/

How have you been fighting back?
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Starting?

The EDL have been wasting police resources and everyone else's time on their rallies for the better part of a decade now. I was there at their first major rally in Manchester back in 2009, and the people of Manchester told them where to shove it back then just like they've done today. Don't confuse these ongoing parades of vapid racism that the EDL have made themselves famous for with some sort of growing resistance- they were a fringe right wing group then and they're a fringe right wing group now.
MrDystopia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is the EDL. They've been doing this for years. Not really newsworthy at all.
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Any demonstration against "Muslims" should be seen for the thinly veiled racism and xenophobia that it actually is.
QE2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mathemagicien)
The EDL are just as bad as the terrorists.
Not really.
They are as bad as the Islamist demonstrators who carry placards demanding sharia, death for blasphemers, Islamic domination, etc.
Not quite the same as deliberately blowing up children and stabbing people on a night out.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
wow :tea:
The Great Game
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It annoys me that the only White right wingers apart from me are literal sub-humans.
Zargabaath
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm always happy to see anti-religious protests. Even if it is those cretins in the EDL.
Sarahsez
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zargabaath)
I'm always happy to see anti-religious protests. Even if it is those cretins in the EDL.
Is that you in your avatar?
eden3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sarahsez)
lmfao no, that user is a dude, the girl in his profile pic is Mia Khalifa ("adult" actress..)
Sarahsez
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eden3)
lmfao no, that user is a dude, the girl in his profile pic is Mia Khalifa ("adult" actress..)
Lol oh. Has she become religious now?
eden3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol oh. Has she become religious now?
No, quite the opposite :lol: look her up on google - she created a lot of controversy for wearing a hijab whilst performing in her 'adult films'... needless to say it pissed off many from the Muslim community.

(her parents and family are Catholic but she herself isn't religious)
donutellme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eden3)
(Original post by eden3)
No, quite the opposite :lol: look her up on google - she created a lot of controversy for wearing a hijab whilst performing in her 'adult films'... needless to say it pissed off many from the Muslim community.

(her parents and family are Catholic but she herself isn't religious)
Eyy mayne.... How you know that mayne. How come you such an expert on this topic eh?
:smug:
SonoLuma
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

EDL marched through a muslim neighbourhood in Leeds once and deliberately started fights with muslims. EVERYONE bloody told them, not just muslims.

They're a disgrace to our country, and our planet. They go around starting fights on purpose and spinning the truth so that people think the muslims started the fight.

they're f***ing cowards and underhand c***s. I hope they get the disgrace they deserve.
eden3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by donutellme)
Eyy mayne.... How you know that mayne. How come you such an expert on this topic eh?
:smug:
eyyyy mayne I remember when my friends were tawwwkin bout her and she was creatin some controversy action in the news... :lol:

she look like a dayum dingbat to me mayyyyneee so I never bothered watchin
Zargabaath
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yep... definitely :innocent:
donutellme
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eden3)
eyyyy mayne I remember when my friends were tawwwkin bout her and she was creatin some controversy action in the news... :lol:

she look like a dayum dingbat to me mayyyyneee so I never bothered watchin
Damn skank mayne...
JesRules
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
A lot of these people don't look like EDL members. They look like regular people:

youtube .com/watch?v=K8_jMM5h49Q
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.74%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.13%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.75%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.07%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.93%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.37%

Watched Threads