Can you get your Gcse resit results on Ucas on A level results day?

Watch
mnak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Iwas wondering.
If you are resitting your Gcses alongside the last year of your A level. You applied to university and got a conditional offer, the offer becomes an unconditional offer on results day does that mean you got the grade needed for your gcses- obviously i meand alongside your A level.

Have there every been an incident where your ucas track says you go in but changed and says you wer declined- one of my worst fears btw

Are you allowed to call your university and ask them for your grades.

What is the date and time you get your results on track.

I heard track will freeze up on reuslts day- in this case are you allowed to call your university and ask for your grade.

Will they tell you your grade or only if you got in or not.
And if not. Will they mention the deciding factor on why you didnt get in.

Has anyone had this experience before.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mnak)
Iwas wondering.
If you are resitting your Gcses alongside the last year of your A level. You applied to university and got a conditional offer, the offer becomes an unconditional offer on results day does that mean you got the grade needed for your gcses- obviously i meand alongside your A level.

Have there every been an incident where your ucas track says you go in but changed and says you wer declined- one of my worst fears btw

Are you allowed to call your university and ask them for your grades.

What is the date and time you get your results on track.

I heard track will freeze up on reuslts day- in this case are you allowed to call your university and ask for your grade.

Will they tell you your grade or only if you got in or not.
And if not. Will they mention the deciding factor on why you didnt get in.

Has anyone had this experience before.
They can't get your gcse grade early, your offer will stay conditional until gcse results day. Track doesn't show you your results only your application status.
AmyPilot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You won't get any GCSE results until the official GCSE results day I don't think.

If your offer is also conditional on getting a certain grade in the gcse it will remain unconditional I think until you get your results - it used to be that you had to inform the uni yourself about GCSE results as they don't come through UCAS.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You will simply have to wait the extra week for your GCSE results to be announced.
There is no way around this.

Your application will be kept on hold (assuming you get the required A level grades) and finally confirmed only once your GCSE results are known.
mnak
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
You will simply have to wait the extra week for your GCSE results to be announced.
There is no way around this.

Your application will be kept on hold (assuming you get the required A level grades) and finally confirmed only once your GCSE results are known.
did not expect that. okay then. Can you check on your track on gcse results day.
and let can i call the universiity if i got in on that day of course.

btw i have a curious question- when does your university get your results, a day, week, bfore etc.
Jackieox
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mnak)
did not expect that. okay then. Can you check on your track on gcse results day.

btw i have a curious question- when does your university get your results, a day, week, bfore etc.
Results day is the Thursday the uni tend to get the results around the Friday/Monday before. Possibly even earlier, I've done quite a bit of work for my uni around results day (including mailing out the letters saying if you're in) and they've always said its just under a week...
And before you ask, no you can't ring them and ask for your results or ask if you're in early =P
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mnak)

All Unis get A level results 4 days before you do. They will not tell your results, or if you have got in, until Results Day.

They will get your GCSE results at the same time as you do (because they dont have to process thousands of applicants with GCSEs like they do with A levels). Once they have them - and if you meet your offer terms in full - they will then be able to confirm your place. You will then be able to see this on Track as UF (before this it will sit as CF waiting for your GCSE results).
mnak
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
All Unis get A level results 4 days before you do. They will not tell your results, or if you have got in, until Results Day.

They will get your GCSE results at the same time as you do (because they dont have to process thousands of applicants with GCSEs like they do with A levels). Once they have them - and if you meet your offer terms in full - they will then be able to confirm your place. You will then be able to see this on Track as UF (before this it will sit as CF waiting for your GCSE results).

So on Gcse results day i can check on my track if i got into Uni given that i got the grades i need from my A levels.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mnak)
So on Gcse results day i can check on my track if i got into Uni given that i got the grades i need from my A levels.
No

Ucas don't receive GCSE results just A levels.

You need to send your gcse results through to your university directly. Once you've sent them your results they'll update Track in a day or so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (179)
28.59%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.61%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.27%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.31%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
7.99%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.13%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.19%

Watched Threads