The Student Room Group

Have you travelled to any different countries? Which ones?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
France and the Canary Islands (idk if classes as a country or if they just come under Spain)
WhenI travel to another country its to do something specific. [Not work] Not just travel though.
Tunisia
Spain (I've been to many of the Canaries and Balearics)
Italy
Cyprus
France
France, Malaysia, Florida USA. Not much but hoping to visit more in the future :h:
I've been in Czechy, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Greece, Italy. Not counting passing-by.

Next year planning to visit UK, maybe I'll also take part in Złombol rally- the idea is to take 30+ years old communist car and drive through entire continent with banners on it, to earn money for charity purpose. You have to get to the finish line in time but the comeback is as long as you want, some travel that way for weeks.
They already went to Monte Carlo, Norkapp, Morocco etc. this year they're going to Spain, there will be over 200 teams at start. Great idea to travel on cheap, socialize with other teams, same time earning money for those in need and to get a perspective on things, that you don't need a plane or a new car to travel, you can take an old and cheap car that nobody wants to buy, give it a second life and get anywhere you want.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
1) England
2) Scotland
3) Wales
4) Ireland
5) France
6) Netherlands
7) Monaco
8) Spain
9) Portugal
10) Morocco
11) Italy
12) Croatia
13) Greece
14) Turkey
15) Russia
16) Bulgaria
17) USA
18) Mexico
19) Haiti
20) Cayman Islands
21) Jamaica
22) South Africa
23) Australia
24) Malaysia

Have you some of them travelled more than once? are you a British anyway? England as travelled country is on top of the list, that is why the question.
Original post by Kallisto
Have you some of them travelled more than once? are you a British anyway? England as travelled country is on top of the list, that is why the question.

I included England as the first country as most people on here have.. I've travelled to different places within England, so I guess it counts :tongue:

Some countries I have visited more than once, for example Spain, to which I've been there more than 10 times I'd say. Others, like Haiti, was a cruise stop, so I've been there for only a few hours.
Enland, Spain, Germany, Italy, USA, France and Cyprus.
This summer adding Czech Republic and Holland :smile:

I hope one day i can go to Serbia to see a long term friend i have there. Anybody ever been to Belgrade?
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
I included England as the first country as most people on here have.. I've travelled to different places within England, so I guess it counts :tongue:

Some countries I have visited more than once, for example Spain, to which I've been there more than 10 times I'd say. Others, like Haiti, was a cruise stop, so I've been there for only a few hours.

A few hours on Haiti because of a cruise stop? so then, my sojourn in Belgium in a Belgium hotel overnight is counted by myself. :wink: My passage through the netherlands on the way to France as well.
(edited 6 years ago)
9 right now... but I am going to South Korea in 3 days so I have counted that in lol... so technically 10. :tongue:

England, Scotland, France, Spain, Cyprus, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Maldives, America
Looks like people have travelled a hell of a lot in some cases! :eek:

For those of you that have said where you've been, is there anywhere you're particularly wanting to do in future? :smile:
Travelled to (many are holidays but the higher numbers are also business trips):

U.S.A. x3
Canada x7
France x10+
Germany x10+
Italy x6
Ireland x6
Vatican City x3
Switzerland x10+
Spain x10+
Gibraltar x2
Greece x7
Turkey x5
Austria x10+
Poland x2
South Africa x2
Belgium x5
Netherlands x6
Luxembourg x2
Monaco x1
Denmark x1
Norway x2
Sweden x4
Azores x2
Portugal x2
Hungary x1
Singapore x1
Australia x1
Tunisia x 1
Morocco x1
India x1
Goa x1

Add England, Scotland and Wales (do these count as separate countries if you're living in the UK? - no offence intended to separatists!)
Will add Cyprus later this summer.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 132
I've been to

France
Qatar
Pakistan
Greece
Hoping to add Turkey or Saudi Arabia on some time in the next year
UK
Hungary
UAE
France
Germany
Austria (but only for like one hour to eat pizza, I was in Germany and near the boarder so I was like why not)
Switzerland
Italy
USA (Florida)
Lebanon
Malaysia
Japan
Reply 134
I've been to:

UK (England, Scotland, N.Ireland)
Ireland,
Spain,
France,
Luxembourg,
Germany,
Poland,
Italy,
Greece,
Monaco,
Switzerland,
Liechtenstein,
Austria,
Hungary,
Slovenia,
Czech Republic,
Slovakia,
Ukraine,
Lithuania,
Latvia,
Estonia,
Denmark,
Norway,
Sweden,
Finland,
and Tunisia.

I've traveled quite a lot in Europe :^_^:

There's so many places I want to go! Would love to go exploring around Asia, drive around Iceland, hike up to Machu Pichu, party at the Rio carnival, see an African safari, Morocco, Russia, and Australia and New Zealand have been on my list for ages as well :daydreaming: Damn the travel bug...

Edit: I have actually lived in four of the countries mentioned, but would feel wrong to leave them out :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 135
Time to list off countries:

I have been to:

Nigeria (Lived here for 6 years)
UK (Been here 3 times)
US (From here. Been in California Nevada, Texas [Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston], Georgia [Flight cancellation is why], Louisiana, South Dakota, Wisconsin)
Egypt (Been here 3 times)
South Africa (Cape Town and some Safari park I can't remember the name of)
Australia (Cairns (2x), Sydney (1x) and Melbourne(1x))
Papua New Guinea (I now live here)
France (Paris, Marseille and some place near Avignon)
Spain (Barcalona)
Italy (Venice, Rome and Florence [I remember this place for the lunatic drivers])
Germany (Munich, Berlin, Hamburg, some other places along the Rhine)
Singapore (Only Transited so far. Probably going to actually visit in the near future)
Turkey (1 time)
The Netherlands (Rotterdam and the Amsterdam airport)
Morocco (1 time)
Portugal (Madeira and Lisbon)

A long list, must look like an essay now.
I'm off to Japan this Summer!
Reply 137
You've all done loads of travelling!

Quick Reply

Latest