The Student Room Group

Forgot to use paragraphs for English language paper 1

How many marks can I expect to lose?
For questions 1 to 4 it's not a problem. For question 5, if the rest of your writing is good then you will drop to the bottom of the band that your work fits. In other words, if you wrote a good story or piece of description, with accurate sentences and a variety of language you may have lost 4 or 5 marks. It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Just don't do it for paper 2!
Reply 2
Original post by Lit teacher
For questions 1 to 4 it's not a problem. For question 5, if the rest of your writing is good then you will drop to the bottom of the band that your work fits. In other words, if you wrote a good story or piece of description, with accurate sentences and a variety of language you may have lost 4 or 5 marks. It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world. Just don't do it for paper 2!

ahhh for q5 I did that,, I can’t tell if the way I’ve written it counts as two separate paragraphs. i haven’t left a line of blank space inbetween, but I started a new line for the next paragraph.
it looks like
(sentence/sentence/sentence
sentence sentence sentence
sentence sentence sentence )
(sentence)
(sentence/sentence/sentence
sentence sentence sentence
sentence sentence sentence )

im so sad omg
(edited 1 year ago)
i wouldn't worry too much. As long as you tried your best and wrote a good story. You might lose a few marks for no paragraphs but try not to worry. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lalakicoka
i wouldn't worry too much. As long as you tried your best and wrote a good story. You might lose a few marks for no paragraphs but try not to worry. :smile:

ah thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending