The Student Room Group

I have a crush on my teacher and I need help.

First of all, I'm pretty young. Only about to turn 15 to be exact and the teacher I'm crushing on is turning 30 on a later month than my birthday.

Yes, I’m really young and maybe I still don’t have much clue about what love really is but I’ve never experienced anything like this before.
I always think about him.

But don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I plan to act on it at all nor had I ever acted on it the whole school year I was with him.
I’m way too young to decide on such a thing but the thing is, the school year already ended with summer already ending in a few days, school starts again and I still haven’t gotten over him.

Crushes usually take me only a whole school year and stopping completely the moment summer comes and I never even thought of them as much as I thought of this teacher.
So this feels really unusual and it’s starting to take over me.
I all of a sudden feel so jealous of other people that are closer to him and I hate it.

I didn’t think I’d be this jealous, I’ve never felt this jealous.
He even has a girlfriend so all the more reason I should really stop but the thing is, it won’t stop.
And now that the school year ended with him being my teacher, I feel really depressed all of a sudden.

And now with the teacher list of the next school year that just came out, I feel even more depressed because he isn’t my teacher anymore and now I just have no clue what to do since sadness is just taking over me every time I think about it.

School is starting in a few days with him not being my teacher anymore and I feel like I won’t be able to talk to him ever again since I’m just really that shy.
In all honesty, I already know nothing’s ever going to happen between us, I’ve already realized that ever since the crush started.

I only want friendship.
He’ll never fall for me anyway so why not build friendship without initiating anything romantic?
Why not build an innocent teacher-student friendship?

I’ve been thinking that a lot but with my shyness in the way, what can I do?
I’ve also been thinking, maybe I should just stop completely and just not look for him anymore when I want to see him since what’s the point of finding him if you’re just going to do a quick glance at him and just walk away again anyway?

Why not just not be selfish and try your best not to see him anymore even though you always always have the want to see him that’s torturing you way too much already since even only at 2 months straight of not seeing him, you’ve already cried more than you did as a child?

This also wasn’t just a love at first sight thing, these feelings actually grew as the months went by with things like him patting me on the head happening and knowing more about him with him telling stories of things he’s done in class and finding out that he and I have similar main interests.

I like him so much to the point of actually trying my best in his subject which is the subject I’m usually bad at. I got really low grades on the start of the school year but got way high by the end. Like from a D---- to straight off A++ without even going to B and C. It was where the crush started developing since just thinking about him having a lower than average opinion of me, already crushes me.

He was even still really kind to me during the times I actually had a really low grade in his subject.
This is torturing me, I like him this much but I’ve had enough of it.
I just want him to be happy but my selfishness is ruining me.

And just to assure, no matter what happens, I will never act on it so you don’t have to tell me.
I just need advice on what I should do.

Should I befriend him? But how can I do that with my shyness in the way?

Should I just force myself to stop thinking about him?

Should I actually join his club with him as the moderator?
Or do you think that would worsen the situation?

What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
but how exactly can I forget about him when I literally can not stop thinking about him? D:
Even when he's not around me for a really long time, I still can't forget about him.
It's weird because this teacher and I only chatted like twice this summer even those conversations being really short and other than that we never really chat.
I also feel kind of scared because I see people on the internet saying they've had a crush on their teacher for like 5 years and they still can't get over them even though they're not their teacher anymore. ;_;
Thanks for the reply though. TT-TT
Reply 3
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Hahaha I guess you're right.
I'll just try my best with whatever this is.
Does that mean I won't be joining his club?
It's a club with a subject I'm actually personally interested in so I'm quite troubled with him just coincidentally being the moderator.
He teaches math. ^^
Reply 5
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ughate
First of all, I'm pretty young. Only about to turn 15 to be exact and the teacher I'm crushing on is turning 30 on a later month than my birthday.

Wait it out.

See if you still feel the same way in a year.

I have heard of plenty of teachers and students getting together and getting it on. It doesn't always end well, but sometimes it does.
Reply 7
Yeah, I'm actually really proud about that hahahaha
the problem is, though, our school requires each student to join a club so yeah, either I join the club I actually like but that teacher being the moderator or I join a club I don't really have much interest in at all. =_=
But I guess I'll just decide that on my own.
Thanks for actually taking your time to reply to this weird situation I'm in.
I really appreciate it. ^^
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by Det.Hartigan
Wait it out.

See if you still feel the same way in a year.

I have heard of plenty of teachers and students getting together and getting it on. It doesn't always end well, but sometimes it does.

Yeah, hopefully I move on as I do that even though I feel like it'd most likely take me literal years. =_=
Original post by ughate
Yeah, I'm actually really proud about that hahahaha
the problem is, though, our school requires each student to join a club so yeah, either I join the club I actually like but that teacher being the moderator or I join a club I don't really have much interest in at all. =_=
But I guess I'll just decide that on my own.
Thanks for actually taking your time to reply to this weird situation I'm in.
I really appreciate it. ^^

Honestly, this might sound like bad advice, but I'd say join his club. Having been in the exact same position as you (for 2 years) I can say that while it's pretty agonising at times, these feelings do make your life much more interesting and exciting. Moreover, they're perfectly natural and it's okay to ride them out and learn from them. You'll probably find that when you leave school or the contact with him is ended another way you'll feel sad for a bit at first but it'll fade naturally as you meet new people, go new places and find new distractions. You will also feel the same way abut new people in the future even though it feels like you won't now. The most important thing I'd say is don't get upset about it- it's fine to feel like this and it will pass, you may as well just enjoy the crush while it lasts but remember that it won't feel important in a few years time.

Good luck!
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly, this might sound like bad advice, but I'd say join his club. Having been in the exact same position as you (for 2 years) I can say that while it's pretty agonising at times, these feelings do make your life much more interesting and exciting. Moreover, they're perfectly natural and it's okay to ride them out and learn from them. You'll probably find that when you leave school or the contact with him is ended another way you'll feel sad for a bit at first but it'll fade naturally as you meet new people, go new places and find new distractions. You will also feel the same way abut new people in the future even though it feels like you won't now. The most important thing I'd say is don't get upset about it- it's fine to feel like this and it will pass, you may as well just enjoy the crush while it lasts but remember that it won't feel important in a few years time.

Good luck!

Now that I think about it, I do have fun with it hahaha
The feeling can be nice too when the teacher does acknowledge you.
Thanks for the advice, I won't take it too seriously. And you're right, It'll most likely fade anyway especially by finding new distractions. ^^
And I actually forgot about the part where it won't even matter in the future, thanks for reminding me. :biggrin:
Guess I'll join the club. Thanks for taking your time!
Original post by ughate

Yes, I’m really young and maybe I still don’t have much clue about what love really is but I’ve never experienced anything like this before.

But don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I plan to act on it at all nor had I ever acted on it the whole school year I was with him.
I’m way too young to decide on such a thing but the thing is, the school year already ended with summer already ending in a few days, school starts again and I still haven’t gotten over him.

Crushes usually take me only a whole school year and stopping completely the moment summer comes and I never even thought of them as much as I thought of this teacher.
I all of a sudden feel so jealous of other people that are closer to him and I hate it.

He even has a girlfriend so all the more reason I should really stop but the thing is, it won’t stop.
And now that the school year ended with him being my teacher, I feel really depressed all of a sudden.

And now with the teacher list of the next school year that just came out, I feel even more depressed because he isn’t my teacher anymore and now I just have no clue what to do since sadness is just taking over me every time I think about it.

School is starting in a few days with him not being my teacher anymore and I feel like I won’t be able to talk to him ever again since I’m just really that shy.
In all honesty, I already know nothing’s ever going to happen between us, I’ve already realized that ever since the crush started.

I only want friendship.
He’ll never fall for me anyway so why not build friendship without initiating anything romantic?

I’ve also been thinking, maybe I should just stop completely and just not look for him anymore when I want to see him since what’s the point of finding him if you’re just going to do a quick glance at him and just walk away again anyway?

Why not just not be selfish and try your best not to see him anymore even though you always always have the want to see him that’s torturing you way too much already since even only at 2 months straight of not seeing him, you’ve already cried more than you did as a child?

This also wasn’t just a love at first sight thing, these feelings actually grew as the months went by with things like him patting me on the head happening and knowing more about him with him telling stories of things he’s done in class and finding out that he and I have similar main interests.

I like him so much to the point of actually trying my best in his subject which is the subject I’m usually bad at. I got really low grades on the start of the school year but got way high by the end. Like from a D---- to straight off A++ without even going to B and C. It was where the crush started developing since just thinking about him having a lower than average opinion of me, already crushes me.

He was even still really kind to me during the times I actually had a really low grade in his subject.

And just to assure, no matter what happens, I will never act on it so you don’t have to tell me.

What should I do?

I totally get what you mean I used to have the same situation your in right now. I know how hard it is but if you think about it there their only there to do their job.and at the end of the day your young and u should be concentrating on yourself and how to make you! Don't worry you can get over him by pointing out his imperfections and stuff it should go after a couple of weeks or so. Tourboi 🥑🥒pm me if you need advice cuz it every day bro
Reply 13
Follow you heart.. At the end of the day that is the only thing that matter in life.

You are not there for anyone else's happiness other than your own.

Do you want to regret something for the rest of your-life?

Join his club or whatever, make it obviously lol.

You won't regret it, you will if you don't because then you will never know EVER!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Tourboijosh
I totally get what you mean I used to have the same situation your in right now. I know how hard it is but if you think about it there their only there to do their job.and at the end of the day your young and u should be concentrating on yourself and how to make you! Don't worry you can get over him by pointing out his imperfections and stuff it should go after a couple of weeks or so. Tourboi 🥑🥒pm me if you need advice cuz it every day bro

I wish it'd end in weeks but it's been so many months since the crush started that I feel like it'll be more than just weeks TT-TT
yeah, they really are just there to do their job after everything.
I'll try my best.
I'm too awkward to pm but maybe I'll try not to TT-TT
thanks for taking your time! ^^
Original post by ughate
Now that I think about it, I do have fun with it hahaha
The feeling can be nice too when the teacher does acknowledge you.
Thanks for the advice, I won't take it too seriously. And you're right, It'll most likely fade anyway especially by finding new distractions. ^^
And I actually forgot about the part where it won't even matter in the future, thanks for reminding me. :biggrin:
Guess I'll join the club. Thanks for taking your time!

I agree, i say join his club. You dont need to be thinking about the future, just follow your heart and live in the present x
Original post by ughate

I only want friendship.

What should I do?

I think him not being your teacher anymore is for the best. You need to try and keep a distance from him. You understand that you can't have a relationship with him, but you can't really have a friendship with him either. Sure, a bit of banter in the classroom isn't a big deal, but taking it to the point where you want to see him even when he isn't your teacher anymore and chat to him about things outside of lessons in breaks and stuff is taking it a bit too far. I think trying to get closer to him is just going to make things worse. Don't look out for him in the halls or anything, just continue with school as normal. It's understandable that this could be a bit more of an intense crush than with others. He's older, more consistent in his interactions with you, and someone that you look up to. He's also someone that you can't have, meaning you think it over a lot more. The important thing to remember is that nothing can happen, and nothing will happen. Would you want to be so friendly with him if you had no romantic interest in him? Do you do the same with all of your other nice teachers? If the answer is no, then you should know that you want to get closer for the wrong reasons and that it's better to just step away
Reply 17
Original post by esbo
Follow you heart.. At the end of the day that is the only thing that matter in life.

You are not there for anyone else's happiness other than your own.

Do you want to regret something for the rest of your-life?

Join his club or whatever, make it obviously lol.

You won't regret it, you will if you don't because then you will never know EVER!

hahahaha alright alright, I'll join the club. Thanks for taking your time. ^^
I'll follow only that part of my heart since the rest says pretty impossible things hahahaha
Reply 18
Ive been attracted to some of my teachers tbh. Theres this hot lady who works in the printing department, she's from Brazil, she's looks amazing, a proper 10/10, anyway when i go to get stuff printed I'm usually in the room with her, alone and its just so intense. Plus she's a natural flirt which makes it harder. On world book day she was dressed as a police officer, tight top, tight skirt, i couldnt tell if it was WBD or some sort of sexy Halloween party.

Theres a few other actual teachers but I'm quite embarrased by it... i get the feeling they can sense it which makes it weird.
Reply 19
Original post by YesItsMe56563
I agree, i say join his club. You dont need to be thinking about the future, just follow your heart and live in the present x

hahahaha thanks ^^ you're right and I really shouldn't take him too seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending