Ihonestlydk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
-I want to study psychology at Middlesex university and I applied for BSc Psychology.
-However if I don't meet the entry requirements can I choose to do a foundation year then start BSc Psychology
-How will I be able to do this?
-Can I retake my A level during this time?
-What will a foundation year consist of?
-Is it frowned upon during employment?
-How does a foundation year work?
missmadam96
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A foundation year in psychology is for people who are not ready for a normal degree, or they haven't met the entry requirements for the BSc psychology degree on its own. If you don't meet the requirements for the BSc psychology degree, you'll have your insurance choice. I put BSc psychology as my firm and then BSc psychology with foundation year as my insurance.
The A level retake I'm unsure of. And no it's now frowned upon. The foundation degree may actually help prepare you for the actual degree so I don't see why you should be ashamed of it. What have you chosen as your insurance choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
missmadam96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A foundation year in psychology is for people who are not ready for a normal degree, or they haven't met the entry requirements for the BSc psychology degree on its own. If you don't meet the requirements for the BSc psychology degree, you'll have your insurance choice. I put BSc psychology as my firm and then BSc psychology with foundation year as my insurance.
The A level retake I'm unsure of. And no it's not frowned upon. The foundation degree will help you prepare for the degree. What have you chosen as your insurance choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
missmadam96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The foundation degree is for students who either feel they are not ready for the degree yet or did not meet the requirements for the full degree. A level retake, you'd have to ask about that. It's not frowned upon, the degree is just a stepping stone into what you'll have to do in the other degree. They have 4 modules over the year. What did you put as your insurance choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
missmadam96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What is your insurance choice?
The foundation degree is for students who feel they are not ready for the full degree or don't meet the requirements for the full degree.
It has 4 modules over the year
It's not frowned upon if it will help you
I've put the foundation year as my insurance and the degree as my firm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ihonestlydk
Rep:
?
(Original post by missmadam96)
The A level retake I'm unsure of. And no it's now frowned upon. The foundation degree may actually help prepare you for the actual degree so I don't see why you should be ashamed of it. What have you chosen as your insurance choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's okay I've received all the information I need by emailing the University! I already changed my course to a foundation year in Psychology at Middlesex so it's fine.
But thank you!
missmadam96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh, you'll be doing the same course as me then!
Ihonestlydk
Rep:
?
oooo yes yes!! I'll see you then!
Middlesex University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ihonestlydk)
-I want to study psychology at Middlesex university and I applied for BSc Psychology.
-However if I don't meet the entry requirements can I choose to do a foundation year then start BSc Psychology
-How will I be able to do this?
-Can I retake my A level during this time?
-What will a foundation year consist of?
-Is it frowned upon during employment?
-How does a foundation year work?
Hello Ihonestlydk,

That is great! We look forward to welcoming you in October
If you do not meet the entry requirements the admissions will automatically offer you a foundation year. It works pretty much like an undergraduate degree, it is just an easier way to get to the course and you will learn all the basics.
You will have assessments too!

You can find a bit more information here: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/undergr...-in-psychology

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Have a great day

Ludovica
martsu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
And me
Ihonestlydk
Rep:
?
(Original post by martsu)
And me
I'll see you in Middlesex doing the same course lets just hope we get in
missmadam96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'll see you in Middlesex doing the same course lets just hope we get in
Fingers crossed
Ihonestlydk
Rep:
?
Fingers crossed
Lol well middlesex changed my course to Psychology without a foundation year as I got higher grades? Which I'm surprised and Surrey accepted me which is even more surprising but Im happy

How about you?
missmadam96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol well middlesex changed my course to Psychology without a foundation year as I got higher grades? Which I'm surprised and Surrey accepted me which is even more surprising but Im happy

How about you?

That's really good! Well done
I'm still waiting for my diploma certificate to arrive, before I can do anything further with my application. I requested the uni change my course beforehand but according to my application, they haven't so I emailed them. Guess I'll have to see what happens.
nav4268
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wait are you guys all doing foundation year psychology? because so am I.
Ihonestlydk
Rep:
?
(Original post by nav4268)
Wait are you guys all doing foundation year psychology? because so am I.
I thought I was but I'm doing a Psychology degree at Surrey now, not middlesex anymore.
missmadam96
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I'm now doing a degree at roehampton university instead of Middlesex.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (4)
11.11%
Disagree (3)
8.33%
Neither agree or disagree (10)
27.78%
Agree (11)
30.56%
Strongly Agree (8)
22.22%

Watched Threads