Is Nadal's 10 singles title at French open better than Federer's 7 at Wimbledon

Watch
alexandra foster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Rafeal Nadal won his 10th grand slam singles title at the French open yesterday, he is the only male player of all time to win a singles title at a Grand slam 10 times, do you think it is a greater achievement than Roger Federer's 7 singles titles at Wimbledon a record he shares with Pete Sampras and William Renshaw, Even though they are both records which one is a greater achievement please vote tennis lovers
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alexandra foster)
Rafeal Nadal won his 10th grand slam singles title at the French open yesterday, he is the only male player of all time to win a singles title at a Grand slam 10 times, do you think it is a greater achievement than Roger Federer's 7 singles titles at Wimbledon a record he shares with Pete Sampras and William Renshaw, Even though they are both records which one is a greater achievement please vote tennis lovers
It's played on 2 different surfaces and they're both good on their respective surfaces (clay vs grass). I would say Nadal's 10 is better but both are outstanding achievements.
bigstu99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would say Nadal, because has smashed Federer, In his prime on his best surface. When he beat Fed the 1st time at Wimbledon for me that was a turning point when Federer was the man at his best 5 in a row supposedly invincible, he played his best but nadal was just too good.

3 of federers Wimbledon finals were Andy Roddick who isn' the same class as Fed and nadal (except the 3rd final where Roddick was fcking awesome)
Lleyton hewiitt
Philipous or whatever that Australian guy is
Andy murray
Cilic (worst finalist everrr)

Would he have beat a prime peat Sampras? Imo fed just came at the right time if he were prime around the same time as Sampras and Agassi, he would have got kicked out of Wimbledon every year

, also their head to head in Grand slams is 9-4 in nadals favour because nadal IMO is overall better than him.

Plus the only time Fed won the French was when Nadal was injured so its a bit of a hollow title, he never beat the man.
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moved to Sport.
username2965904
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would say Nadal, but overall Federer's record is greater. Andy Murray winning three majors in an era with these two playing plus Novak Djokovic is an achievement that should not be forgotten as well- not just because it is three more than any British tennis player for a very long time.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes Nadal's record at the French Open is better than Federer's record at Wimbledon.

You just have to compare the stats - Nadal has only lost 2 matches* at the French Open (record of 79-2 win/loss) in 13 tournaments he has participated (*he withdrew from one other due to injury).

Federer's record is 91-11 at Wimbledon in 19 years where he has won 8 Wimbledon titles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (911)
42.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (402)
18.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.38%

Watched Threads