Physics igcse edexcell paper 2, 2017 Watch

holly24601
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anyone have any predictions on topics for physics paper 2 this Friday? Any info is helpful ,I need to well in paper 2 x
Carloint
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
bump
holly24601
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
bump
DavoGCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
bump
honeydukes01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm thinking lots of maths as there was more writing in P1 this year than in the past.
LucaDGS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maybe a 5 marker on how transformers work and also the advantages/disadvantages of different energy sources.
DavoGCSE
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LucaDGS)
Maybe a 5 marker on how transformers work and also the advantages/disadvantages of different energy sources.
How much should we actually do on the disadvantages and advantages of energy sources? There's lots to learn but like surely most of it is quite obvious and easy to blag or is there specific knowledge needed? Also, how much do we actually need to know about each energy source process (not the advantages or anything, the actual physics of it), because the textbook and the CGP have it, but I've never seen it in a past paper and the specification/syllabus says that we only need to know the energy transfers that take place in each one (which is a lot less work and quite easy compared to learning the actual full processes)
LucaDGS
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DavoGCSE)
How much should we actually do on the disadvantages and advantages of energy sources? There's lots to learn but like surely most of it is quite obvious and easy to blag or is there specific knowledge needed? Also, how much do we actually need to know about each energy source process (not the advantages or anything, the actual physics of it), because the textbook and the CGP have it, but I've never seen it in a past paper and the specification/syllabus says that we only need to know the energy transfers that take place in each one (which is a lot less work and quite easy compared to learning the actual full processes)
I don't think you need to go super in depth - as you said - you should only need to know the energy changes and that some energy sources are renewable / polluting / more or less expensive than others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.48%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.57%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (130)
14.56%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.52%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.68%

Watched Threads