The Student Room Group

I have graduated, but now desire a career change...

I have graduated in Music Technology and whilst I still have a passion for that subject, the market for employment is difficult.

I have been considering various options and one of those options is Law. Can I get into a graduate programme or apprenticeship with a Law firm if I have just graduated in a totally different subject?
Original post by AnEvolvedApe
I have graduated in Music Technology and whilst I still have a passion for that subject, the market for employment is difficult.

I have been considering various options and one of those options is Law. Can I get into a graduate programme or apprenticeship with a Law firm if I have just graduated in a totally different subject?

Generally non-law graduates apply for the GDL to transfer into law.
Original post by J-SP
You could do an apprenticeship or take the GDL and convert your non-law degree.

Legal careers are not that easy to come by either though.

I see.

So what about studying in the health sector such as GP, Psychiatrist etc.? You may be confused why I say law and then suddenly move to health, but I am just currently stuck as to what to do at the moment so I am trying to get other opinions.
Reply 3
Original post by AnEvolvedApe
I see.

So what about studying in the health sector such as GP, Psychiatrist etc.? You may be confused why I say law and then suddenly move to health, but I am just currently stuck as to what to do at the moment so I am trying to get other opinions.

You could do that.

Do you think you would be able to self fund a 5 (maybe 6 year) medicine degree though?
Original post by josh_v
You could do that.

Do you think you would be able to self fund a 5 (maybe 6 year) medicine degree though?

I still live in a low-income household and I understand NHS can pay full tuition fees depending on one's income. I was receiving essential su[port during my music technology course.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending