nkhapsalis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Any predictions for the Elgar essay in the June 2017 paper? I've noticed the 4th movement is the only one they haven't asked for specifically yet (perhaps this finale will feature for the 'finale' of this spec?)

Let me know your thoughts!😊
rosegrace
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm hoping for a question on either the 4th movement as a whole or just the coda of the 4th movement; I feel like you could write a lot about it. Kind of like on the AS paper last year when the question was just on the introduction of Haydn's Symphony no. 104
nkhapsalis
Rep:
?
(Original post by rosegrace)
I'm hoping for a question on either the 4th movement as a whole or just the coda of the 4th movement; I feel like you could write a lot about it. Kind of like on the AS paper last year when the question was just on the introduction of Haydn's Symphony no. 104
Omg, last years question was just perfect! I also did musicals in which I picked the 'compare 2 characters and how the music portrays their personalities'. I walked out of that exam grinning and I ended up getting an A. And I agree with you, the 4th movement would be great - one week to go! What instrument do you play?🎶
rosegrace
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nkhapsalis)
Omg, last years question was just perfect! I also did musicals in which I picked the 'compare 2 characters and how the music portrays their personalities'. I walked out of that exam grinning and I ended up getting an A. And I agree with you, the 4th movement would be great - one week to go! What instrument do you play?🎶
Same here, that exam was a blessing! I did the pop music topic and the questions were alright for that topic too! And well done, I got an A too🎉 I play piano and alto saxophone (mainly piano), how about you?
nkhapsalis
Rep:
?
Same here, that exam was a blessing! I did the pop music topic and the questions were alright for that topic too! And well done, I got an A too🎉 I play piano and alto saxophone (mainly piano), how about you?
I am a violinist, based in Sheffield, where in the UK are you then? Are you studying music after A levels?🎻🎶
rosegrace
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am a violinist, based in Sheffield, where in the UK are you then? Are you studying music after A levels?🎻🎶
I live in Nottingham now and am studying Music, Spanish and Psychology; I'll hopefully be studying Psychology at the University of Sheffield (funnily enough!) and I hope to take extra modules on my course from Music and Spanish
nkhapsalis
Rep:
?
I live in Nottingham now and am studying Music, Spanish and Psychology; I'll hopefully be studying Psychology at the University of Sheffield (funnily enough!) and I hope to take extra modules on my course from Music and Spanish
Sounds like a plan! I'm planning on studying at the Royal College of Music down in central London (1st choice - auditions in December time🎶), it's amazing where everyone ends up! I'll be on a gap year first to save up so feel free to search me up on fb and if you'd like a tour of the city, let me know!

All the best,

Nazar Khapsalis😊🎶🎻
rosegrace
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sounds like a plan! I'm planning on studying at the Royal College of Music down in central London (1st choice - auditions in December time🎶), it's amazing where everyone ends up! I'll be on a gap year first to save up so feel free to search me up on fb and if you'd like a tour of the city, let me know!

All the best,

Nazar Khapsalis😊🎶🎻
That sounds so cool, best of luck! Good idea spending up on a gap year, I'm starting to feel like I should have done the same! Also how did you find the music paper this morning? I'm so glad Elgar's 4th movement came up
nkhapsalis
Rep:
?
That sounds so cool, best of luck! Good idea spending up on a gap year, I'm starting to feel like I should have done the same! Also how did you find the music paper this morning? I'm so glad Elgar's 4th movement came up
I thought the listening was a big savage, especially the harmonica and the score question! And I called it for the Elgar, everyone praised me afterwards for predicting it😂 Jazz was alright too🎶🎻
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (57)
40.14%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
16.9%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.23%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (15)
10.56%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
10.56%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
9.15%

Watched Threads